Note to New Members ×

waaaaay off topic, femal drivers

~tb

Something similar happened around here a few years back. A drunk driver was screaming along one of the many hilly and windy roads, hit the curb and then a berm and landed in a couples bedroom. Even more impressive than the 6 foot jump, she flew about 90 feet in the air to get into the second floor bedroom. It was estimated that she was doing about 110mph at the time. And again, no body was hurt. Crazy that it happened again...

-Justin

________

Simca 1307

How do you do that? I mean, seriously, how slowly does your mind have to be working for that to happen?

She had to have slammed her foot on the gas, not noticed how her head almost slammed into the wheel from the jerk, ignored the screech of the tires, done some steering, and wondered wtf was happening, all before she went airborne and took her foot off of the gas. This whole event probably took 5 or 6 seconds - how could she not notice that something bad was happening for that amount of time??

This also reminds me of how Audi was nearly driven out of business in North America due to piece done by 60 Minutes regarding a couple of "unintended acceleration" incidents in which the drivers were simply pushing the wrong pedals. 60 Minutes, of course, said that the car were clearly mechanically flawed and the throttles were sticking. The courts and NHTSA sided with Audi saying that it was 100% driver error, but by then the damage had already been done.

Originally posted by mirror70

This also reminds me of how Audi was nearly driven out of business in North America due to piece done by 60 Minutes regarding a couple of "unintended acceleration" incidents in which the drivers were simply pushing the wrong pedals. 60 Minutes, of course, said that the car were clearly mechanically flawed and the throttles were sticking. The courts and NHTSA sided with Audi saying that it was 100% driver error, but by then the damage had already been done.

That was a beautiful piece of "journalism" wasn't? Easily disproved by any teenager who'd ever done a brake-torque.

The slight upside to that whole mess was that you could get a used Audi 5000 for fraction of its value...a friend of mine bought a full-tilt one with low miles for $4500 the next year.

joe...