Note to New Members ×

Schweetzer check-in

b0ardski

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The snow didn’t suck today. I would like to carve tomorrow but I left the MT at 12:00 without tracking any of the many secret stashes and it was still snowing. I talked to Stopher and he is going to try and be at the clock tower at 8:50

Thanks for the kudos Chris, Your turns came together pretty good for a couple days practice. I can teach any skier to ski on a snow board If they want to learn.

Some actual snowboard boots and maybe a couple stance tweeks and you'll be trenchin the blues with the rest of us.

You should have your new recruit grab some poles and the 196 and just get er done!

Being a skier, he started with poles to get him comfortable on the board.

Another convert:biggthump

Ok, ok.... I'll admit, I did take my poles with me one day! I just got a new pair of skis!!!!! Waiting on the bindings for them though so they'll have to wait until next season. Saturday will be my last day on snow and I'll have both kids with me so it's unlikely I'll even get off the beginner hill.

Troy, Dane, et al... this is Chris and this is my second post on bomber... thanks for the impromptu lessons... hope to crack another bottle of vino with you soon... as for "Balebombsman"... I looked up the two versions of the spelling and settled on "Bale" instead of "Bail" since the English/British spelling using "Bale" is specific to falling out of a burning airplane... much as I did on the baby bear hill.... hence "Bale-bombs-man" and not "Bail-bombs-man". You are gentlemen and can't wait to graduate to the top of the mountain... Cheers!

If you ever make it over to Lookout, look me up. I'd be happy to help you and Lookout is a good mountain to learn on. Saturday will be my last day this season, but I'll be around next year too.

Kathy

thanks for offering up the boots Stopher but I think Chris is a size 11 or so, mondo 28.5 would be needed. I told him Dane could hook him up as he's about the same size. The baleman's on a family road trip so I'm not sure he'll be out again this season.

Looks like another premium groomer day with soft freshies everywhere offpiste. I can't decide which board to use so i'll bring 4 different ones:freak3:

Turner Mt is still open sat & sun till the snow is gone so we may hit that the 12th or 19th If the snow holds out http://skiturner.com/

Snowing in my yard as I type, read hunt&peck, I think everyone needs to forget about skiing on thanksgiving and figure on skiing on easter.

Kathy, Troy et al... again thank you for your kindness and hospitality... I love Lookout and hope to make it up there. I need to get my second board working so I can put aside the Model-A and perhaps even turn quickly enough to avoid trees, skiers, boarders, lift poles, out of bounds markers, ski patrols and the liftees trying to slow down my suicidal decent into the gravitational abyss of alpine boards. Newton... pray for me and my future among the trenches.

Mon. was the best employee party we've had in years:1luvu:

Great friends, good food & beer, bluebird spring slush, t-shirts & sunscreened noses, b-chute & heathers groomed to perfection, Adrian Xavier's reggae on the patio.

The Contraption, ie, Hyarc was alot of fun in the slush once I got the hang of pivoting the back foot in fall line slalom turns. I would never attemt to ride it w/out my poles.

3141518040_488d31fd05.jpg

3141400200_71b614371d.jpg

Goin up to hike the steeps today. With a much lighter board than this;)

Nothing like a great employee party to make you want to come back next year.Good people,perks,pay,atmosphere and a company that cares help too.

I want pics of you rippin B Chute with the Hyarc:)

good pay from a company that cares may be a stretch. If I didn't have to hike for killer spring slush 100 inches deep I would be blowin' their horn a lot harder:freak3:

P.S. the hyarc on 45* black diamond groom is a death wish:smashfrea

• 3 weeks later...