Note to New Members ×

TD3 Race Version

*Ace*

I was kinda hoping that the standard TD3 would have this... that and access to the center disk mounting bolts are the only improvements I could think of from TD2s.

The bail stops work well. Makes getting your toe in to the step-ins easier, and I'm sure it will be a boon for standard users for the trickier task of getting the heel in.

Access to the center disk is huge, as I usually have one or both loosen up once or twice a year (I <i>hate</i> over-torquing board screws). I also like that there is more boot sole to binding contact area. The steel SI receivers are nice. They're smoother to step in, and because they're thinner it's easier to see if your pins are fully extended.

BlueB's idea is a good one, but the current TD3 setup does provide a lot of suspension. I'm running the medium e-rings, and the ride is definitely more comfortable without being sloppy. The lip of the center disk that holds down the cant disk is not very wide, another e-ring between the two would probably get pretty chewed up. Not sure how much that lip could be widened, as the size of the center disk is constrained by the board's insert pattern, and the size of the cant disk is constrained by board width.

Acess to the center holes is actually bigger than many here probably think. You should take the tension off the inserts before hot waxing. When you hot wax every other day on snow (as Trappy probably does) The easier it is to back off the binding screws the better.

Oh yeah, another *perfect* opportunity for me to type the phrase "Wax Whizard!"

But I don't want to go OT so I'll just stay quiet ;)

Another guess.....Ti bails!