Note to New Members ×

Oxygen Dangerous

Hotbeans

I spotted a new Oxygen alpine board labeled "dangerous" on the tail at a local ski shop. It's a 170cm and has an elliptical sidecut. This board was made for the owner who used to race awhile ago. She never used it.

Does anyone know if the Oxygen "dangerous" board was a production board, or is this a "one-off"? I suspect it's a one-off as there is only one set of binding inserts, measured for owner. Super-cool graphics, I'll have to get a pic..

I actually won one at a race and let my wife use it. Dangerous is a proper word for it!! It was a production board as I did see a few around

The reverse taper and flex pattern was designed to end ones life rather than give a good ride. She was complaining about the ride and then I took a close look at the dimensions and got rid of it pronto!

BV

Dangerous is a proper word for it!! It was a production board as I did see a few around.

The reverse taper and flex pattern was designed to end ones life rather than give a good ride. BV

I wanted to say something like this, but I think it carries more weight coming from you. When I rode mine, I just couldn't get it to "hook up".

later,

Dave R.

I actually won one at a race and let my wife use it. Dangerous is a proper word for it!! It was a production board as I did see a few around

The reverse taper and flex pattern was designed to end ones life rather than give a good ride. She was complaining about the ride and then I took a close look at the dimensions and got rid of it pronto!

BV

If that's the case, no wonder they gave her one! Looks pretty cool thou.

,,and I love the graffix logo!

She took some nasty unexpected crashes on it as it seemed to have little room for error. True enough that I did have a few friends with them and they were doing well. What I remember thinking about after looking at in in the shop was it was hard to initiate but once you got it turning, it really finished off super powerful with the wider tail. I think she kept getting sprung off the wider tail.

I still have one in my basement, made in NH from the atomic factory, Mnash who post here sometimes had some input in the desighn, I also had some testing input but no shaping input, Sorry some didn't like it. I rode the one I have for about a year with one foot and outriggers after blowing up my ankle in a SL course. Worked great with one foot the wide tail is stable...made about the same time as many board were getting narrow...

Yea I agree it is a good board but not very forgiving. But when you get it right it will deliver very powerful turns. Also chek for a concave underside wich will make your life especially difficult( I had to do a massive basegrind to get rid of it)

I'm getting experienced in the same manner with a board I already own!

See the "convex base" thread.

I'm assuming the base grind worked well?