dingbat

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just in rom the Knight Rider:

"Oh boy... things are starting to take shape. ...this is the big one that I was talking to you about. ...pay attention to the last sentence.

PRELIMINARY EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION

NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD

422 AM EST FRI FEB 13 2009

VALID 12Z TUE FEB 17 2009 - 12Z FRI FEB 20 2009

THE PRELIMINARY FRONTS AND PRESSURES FOR DAYS 3 THROUGH 7 WERE

BASED ON A PROGRESSIVE BLEND FROM THE 00Z ECMWF TOWARD THE 12Z/12

EC ENSEMBLE MEAN. THE PATTERN LOOKS STORMY OVER THE EASTERN

PACIFIC AND WESTERN ATLANTIC...WITH HIGH LATITUDE BLOCKING TAKING

SHAPE. THE DETERMINISTIC ECMWF...EC ENSEMBLE MEAN... AND GEFS

MEAN ALL DEPICT THE BLOCK NICELY LATE IN THE PERIOD...WITH THE

DETERMINISTIC GFS LOSING THE SIGNAL SOMEWHAT. THE BIG EVENT LOOKS

TO BE EXPLOSIVE CYCLOGENESIS SOUTHEAST OF NEW ENGLAND DAYS 6 AND

7...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS PARTICULARLY OVER

EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS"

Like someone spilled a bag of sugar and giant ceramic ball-bearings over a cement slab.:(

I've seen amazing things happen over night with the conditions at this hill, but I'm betting on riding soft boots tomorrow. I'll give a report after I get back and let you know if Sun is worth a trip.

The week ahead looks promising though. I'm hoping for a repeat of last year's conditions for the rally. The set-up is pretty mutch identical if you recall.:biggthump

Sorry I didn't follow up. You didn't miss much today. It is getting better however with the man-made and cold temps.

Late week snow is looking like it's gonna tail off into some frozen stuff now. Crappy while it's freezing up, but is good in the sense that it keeps all the fluffy stuff underneath, on the hill when the winds that usaly follow a storm sweep through, and then grooms out real nice the next day. Chance of a clipper Sat into Sun now as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I've been out a couple good days now on softies. It aches and throbs afterwards, and sneezing is still a bitch, but I don't think I'm doing any harm by riding.

Trouble about this weekend is, my Mom sliped on some ice in my sister's driveway, and fractured her skull.:eek: Looks like she'll be fine but still.:barf: So, if the weather is good, I'll be headed South for the weekend to visit. If it's not good, I'll see you at the Dome to ride in the freezing rain.

I'm gonna stop now before I type anything that's even more depressing.:freak3:

Hey, If anyone is heading to the Beast this weekend, fellow carver Dan Emery is having a 50%+ off everything sale at his shop (Trails) on Rt. 2. Stop by and help keep him in business. :biggthump Not much snowboarding specific stuff, but lots of clothes and gear. (I picked up a new helmet and some smartwool.) He's also one of the best tuners in the area...

hey mark... glad to hear your back on the slope. sorry about your mom! hope she gets healed up soon. man stuff like that makes me want to stay indoors all day.

keep us posted on the weekend.

chris... i'll ring you on friday or saturday about the plans.

mark w... i'll definitely stop by dan's store. i'll post again on saturday if i'm definitely coming up on sunday.

Mark B-- I second the get well wishes to your mom. Ice is a damn, nasty thing. Looks like I may be in NJ on Sat too--using it as a home base to visit my uncle who's in a hospital in Philly. I might be back by Sun though.

Either way, someone go out and have fun on the Mtn this weekend!

Yup, lookin like it's down south this weekend as the road conditions look like they'll be alright. Doh!

Colin, hopefuly I can get out with you at least one more time this year. I'll let you know what plans are for next weekend when I know what's up. If not, it'll have to be skateboards, beer and BBQ.:biggthump

Sure, I'll let you know first thing.

I just spoke with my buddy Noah, who was up today, and he said there was plenty of snow, and ear-to-ear s#!%-eating grin, surfy mashed potatoes today, with expectations of the same tomorrow.

Weather forcast says rain ending late tonight, decreasing clouds tomorrow, high of 53. Sounds good to me!:biggthump