Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit on Sunday, 12-21-08

gdboytyler

looks like i just might be able to make it. we'll see. haven't been up yet.

i'll be on a tanker 192 with catek FR2s and softies.

can't commit to the hardboots until after my brother's wedding on jan 17

looks like i need to figure out how to rig up that third strap. already have some booster straps. hehe

Terry you should have been more specific and ask for snow on the mountain but not on the road, sunday should be good for carving, any way we can convince you to come up on sunday too, irwin is going, bullwings is going (we never met i don't know his name), Aaron migh be going and everybody else is welcome too and it looks like sunday January 4th is the official carving gathering day for Snow Summit, last year it was fun, let's do it again

Maybe we can take a few runs in honor of Jim Pryor. There seems to be a few carvers coming up and I also made some phone calls to ppl I have met on the hill who are not BOL members. See you guys on Sunday,

Dave, with the discounted tickets does this mean you are coming up???

Dave, with the discounted tickets does this mean you are coming up???

on the fence. please don't take offense, dude, and don't assume anything.

here's the info for anyone. Im gonna start a thread, too

No need to make reservations.

Most of our regular day tickets are only $40. Details are below.

We have 3 kinds of tickets. They are Anytime (holiday), Anytime non-holiday (weekends) and Monday - Friday tickets. The holiday periods are: Dec. 20-31, 2008; Jan. 1-4, 2009; Jan. 17-19, 2009; Feb. 14-16, 2009

Anytime tickets are valid any day during the snow season, including holidays. We have these tickets discounted to $50 which is a savings of $16.

Anytime non-holiday tickets are valid any day except during holiday periods. These tickets are discounted to $45 which is a savings of $21.

Monday - Friday non-holiday tickets. These tickets are $40 which is a savings of $13.

Let me know if you want to get some. We are in PB. Local pickup at our offices is no problem or we have free overnight shipping while our prepaid envelope supply lasts.

Thanks.

David

619-925-1879

lift.tickets@gmail.com

Guys, providing we can get up there the conditions should be incredible. Carvealicious as Big Mario likes to say over on the CO ride board.

Theyre going to be incredible thurs, fri, sat, sun, mon...probably past that even! and more snow next week maybe?

crazy. I hope baldy gets the goods...that place just plain ROCKS it.

After reading Terry's report...sorry guys...I would love to ride with you all, but my first day back on the hill, with minimal days last year = bad idea on a crowded holiday weekend.

after the holidays.

I don't have any idea what I'm doing and I've done fine at a mountain where everyone is out to get you. No, really. I've been knocked over while standing next to the lift line turnstile. Still had fun.

Go out and ride, the snow is incredible!

Ended up going up one day early...

My brother and his friends wanted to go today. So i went.

My buddy for tomorrow bailed (swollen thyroid...), and my brother is too tired to go up again tomorrow. And since I don't go up solo anymore since breaking my leg, i guess that means i'll have to wait till wednesday (24th) to go up again.

Anyway, as far as conditions are concerned. AWESOMENESS!!!

Great carving conditions. coverage is exellent, and the snow pack is the perfect consistency for laying an edge in. Surprisingly, it wasn't as crowded as i expected. i think a lot of that has to do with the road conditions... they suck big time. you HAVE to have chains and put them on, or you're not making it up there. or, you need a truck with 4wd and some big knobby tires (like me :eplus2:).

anyway, to everyone going up tomorrow. have fun, drive safe, and hopefully i'll catch you all some other time (1-4-09).

sorry again Aaron, it's been a while since we've been boarding.

I don't have any idea what I'm doing and I've done fine at a mountain where everyone is out to get you. No, really. I've been knocked over while standing next to the lift line turnstile. Still had fun.

Go out and ride, the snow is incredible!

All fine and good, for you. I can not stand crowds, and lemmings, and paying inflated prices just because of what day it is.

after the holidays, mid-week. Maybe a weekend then, too