Note to New Members ×

Targhee!

dredman

OK, lets hear the report!?!?! Hope you guys had fun. I was having thrills of a different sort - out in the field I had gas wells frozen off right and left. Got to see a gas line pressured up to 11,126 psi - and that pipe is only rated for 5,000 psi! :eek::eek::eek: That's what frozen methane will do for ya!

OK, I want to hear about beautiful snow now please. :D

Yesterday was very powdery and nice. Hardly a crowd at all. Today was super groomers! Very Carve-a-licious! The visibility was very good too.

The coverage is very good.

I am off from this Saturday - the New Years...I will be riding Kelly's and Targhee. Shoot me an email if you want to ride. I imagine that we will be riding mostly at Kelly's for the boys ski team practice, but it is a fun carving hill.

Here is a couple of pictures of my brides new powder board. We just got it in the mail today. She will test it out over the break.

post-3878-141842266774_thumb.jpg

post-3878-141842266775_thumb.jpg

post-3878-141842266776_thumb.jpg

I will be riding Kelly's and Targhee.

Dredman, I have been to Kelly's a few times on the carving board, not recently though. Fun little area, not too far for you living in IF.

Stop by and say hello to my sister, she lives in Ririe and during the summer months runs from her house up to Kellys. She is a marathoner and runs regardless of temps

If you are ever in the area, lets go ride the Ghee or Kelly's.

They did a great job last season with the grooming. It is pretty small, not much vert, and the lifts are slow, but it is very close and very cheap. I always enjoy riding there. I really like the night riding after work! It is great for keeping in shape and really working on technique.

The Ghee is amazing! Some good steep groomers, a few nice cruising runs, great powder and best of all hardly any crowds!

Keep in touch if you are ever in the area.

Dredman, will do. I was thinking about doing a trip in late Feb. I was going to do the Wasatch Trenchin Convention and then zip up to see my sis and my newly hatched, great niece. My niece lives in Shelly, right off the Hwy 15, near the army surplus. I am sure you know where that is.

I will let you know as the time draws nearer.

Aaron

The Ghee was great today! Lots of snow but short on visibility. I will be riding Kelly Tuesday. It took nearly 3 hours to drive from the Ghee to Idaho Falls tonight. Check the road conditions if you are thinking of driving this way.

****Update**** Maybe Ghee tomorrow, The boy is wavering on which direction the wants to go...I guess tomorrow will tell...

Glad you had fun! I got a few good runs in on Snow King this morning, at least. Looks like the Ghee isn't happening for me this week though. :( I'm just way too behind on the Christmas stuff - so get in a turn or two for me. Maybe see you after the holiday season?! I'd love to get in a day or two at Kelly's again this year - super fun little area. :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

I was up at the Ghee today, groomers were in good shape till mid afternoon. Then they were bumped up and full of moving targets. The light was mostly flat, so it was hard to really open it up. I am headed up tomorrow if the roads from Idaho Falls are open. Looks like we may be getting a storm tonight.

Happy New Years to all.

hey dredman, wish i could come over but i have to work the night shift tonight. i did Snow King yesterday, bulletproof. went to the village today and snapped my shiny prior in half on soft groomers:eek: pretty good day up till then, sun came out a few times and no avalanches. i have pics of the board on the main page. :biggthump