Note to New Members ×

Holiday Riding

bartron

I'll be heading off to Kimberley on the 30th, but drop me a line and remind me about the 29th. You can roll with the snow conditions, and choose your hill based on what's going on. It's looking pretty good so far.

Bring an AM board as well as a carver - Sunshine and Louise are much better on AM gear. Are you staying in Banff?

Did Sunshine today (26th), and it was absolutely PRIMO for carving. No fresh for a few days, packed snow that was as grippy as hell because it's been so cold, and four smoking runs on Sunshine Coast with the entire slope to myself. A bit cold (-20 at 10am, -12 when I left at 2pm), not too many people as a result.

The Madd BX and I were having a banger day until my Intec cable snapped, and that was the end of that. I love walking on snow in my socks.

Tomorrow I will be extricating my boot from my board, but Sunday looks good for riding if anyone's around. I'll probably head to Nakiska and see if any of the local carving crew are out and about.

Heading to Sunshine tomorrow. Plan to hit Divide and Standish in the morning and Goats Eye in the afternoon.

I'll be wearing a red and grey jacket, black helmet and blue coiler (unless there is a miracle of tons of snow tonight...then a tanker and softies).

-Gord

Soft!!!

5-10cm of fresh, lots of wind-swept pow which was a ton of fun whilst riding my softies. Still cold due to the high wind-speed.

We'll be there again early tomorrow morning and it's still snowing, so who knows...definately another day for the tanker and the soft boots, an alpine board (non-AM) would have a tough day.

-Gord