Note to New Members ×

cant discs

Guest theharb

Guest theharb

i have never had plate bindings before only had burton carrier bindings, i think i will get the TD2 as i have not had cant/lift in my bindings what cant disks would be recommended for me as i have never had th eoption before?

Guest Ghostrider

I started on 3 front 3 back just to get a general feel. Then I moved to 3 front, 6 rear. Depending on what boots you have, you can also control some cant in your boots. I decided to go to 3 and 6 because I noticed my rear boot cant was adjusted all the way sideways at the ankle, so I moved it to 6 so I could keep my ankle and flex straight.

I started with 3 front, 3 rear, and then changed to 3 front, 6 rear. I then changed to 6 front, 6 rear, and a little while later back to 3 front, 6 rear, where I stayed for quite a while. Then I went back to my original starting point, 3 front, 3 rear, and that's where I am now.

Helpful, huh!

And then I narrowed my stance about 1 cm, which made a much bigger difference than I would have thought. My legs didn't get so tired!

I dunno, you just gotta experiment. I'm sure I haven't finished fiddling with all this stuff.

BTW, where do you ride? The only Victorian resort I've been to is Hotham, but that was almost 15 years ago when they still had the Brockhoff poma. I can hardly recognise the place from the pictures of the current trail map.

Guest theharb

i ride at mt.buller never been to hotham yet its a bit far for weekends/day trips, but hopefully i will have a long trip up there this season which starts on the weekend thankgod :)