Note to New Members ×

The BEast?

scrapster

Should be open this weekend with very sporadic coverage.

Upper to Lower Chief is open, Upper and Lower Comp. are covered half-width and may be connected by the weekend.

If you've got your pass and nowhere else to go this weekend, it would be worth it to start getting your legs back under you, but that's about it.

If you've got other options for the weekend, plan on hitting the Beast a little later.

I'll be up there this Sun. for instructor training. Come find me if you're up, otherwise, I'll keep you informed of conditions as well as I can.

Was up today.

7 trails = Upper Chief, Lower Chief, Lower Comp., Bunny Hill, Tow Rope (which is now a magic carpet), Cat Track from U. Chief to L. Comp., Cat Track from Bunny Hill to Lodge.

3 Lifts = Black chair, bunny chair, tow rope (magic carpet).

Up side is the snow on Chief was pretty good. Next weekend should show a significant improvement, but the Poma is down and probably won't run till after Christmas. They changed the gearing in the black chair. It's still fast, but not the death-trap for the inexperienced it used to be. To bad, that chair was near legendary status. Of course, with everyone riding it, it stops a couple times each ride for the people who don't know how to load or lose their nerve due to the noise. Oh, and the door from the deck to the main lodge has been replaced, so no more picking bloody fingers up off the carpet when you walk in!:biggthump