Note to New Members ×

Nice windsurfing bottom turn Rail it!

dano

Tips & Warnings

"I know a lot of people vibe those who wear them, but helmets and booties make good sense if you're surfing over a sketchy reef." - Timmy Reyes, O'Neill surf team rider

"Reef rash" is a term for cuts and scrapes. If not cleaned thoroughly, bacteria that lives on rocks and in coral can infect your wounds.

If you have any questions or concerns, contact a physician or other health care professional. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.

Surfing over rock or coral reefs can lead to serious injury and/or death.:eek:

My buddy Jake Bigham met his maker this year windsurfing on a big day in Baja - we all take chances...s#$@ happens. Miss ya Jake!!

You gotta live life though - know your limits, prepare for the worst, check your equipment more than you think you should, and by all means don't ever take just "one more run"...well, at least, don't SAY it before you do it!

My biggest lesson I have learned: Trust your gut when things don't feel right. I can't tell you how many times, in all my spoorts, I have just had a funny feeling or didn't feel 100 percent pumped, and some bad juju almost went down...I listen to those little cues now.

That said - SWEEEET SHOT!!