Note to New Members ×

Snowpro on a Ultra Prime`

draco

Hey, anyone know how to mount a pair of snowpro step ins on a Burton Ultra Prime. I bought the Snowpros on the board here and they have a 4 hole pattern. The Burton has a three hole (of course). Is there a 3 hole center disk for the Snowpros??? The base on the snowpro's don't seem to have an arrangement which will accomadate a 3 hole pattern center disk (not yet anyway)..any advise would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve, I took a dremel tool and ground out the kidney shaped holes in the base plate to accomodate the 3D style that Burton uses. The discs required going to a machine shop and having them machine you some with the three hole pattern in them. I had them make them out of aluminum but any metal would do. Take the 4X4 discs with you along with the board so they can make the necessary measurements. I will see if I can take some pics to show what I am talking about.

Other than doing this there is no way to use snowpros on a burton

Draco, here are some pics of the mods that I performed on the SnowPros to make them work with the Burton pattern

The OEM binding on the left is untouched, the binding on the right is the modified one. You can see that all that is needed is to grind a bit more on the top and bottom kidney shaped holes. On the bottom hole I was a bit more aggresive on the grinding than is necessary, use the top hole for a reference. The side kidney holes need no modifications. I am goofy footed so I ground on the right side of the kidney holes, if you are regular you need to grind the left side. Hope the photos help

snowpros001.jpg

Here are the discs that I had made for the three hole pattern. I also had the discs machined with the centering nub that is on the original SnowPro disc. I took the SnowPro disc in with a factory Burton 3d disc along with the board so they can get everything lined up.

snowpros003.jpg

Final pic is the finished product. A blurry photo, sorry.

snowpros002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There was another conversion of Snowpros, I kinda remember, that someone else did:

Instead of going for the 3 hole, yo actually aim for 4 holes of Burton patern. Kidney bean holes of the base have to be widened just slightly, as well as the slots on the center disk. However, your stance length options will be limited.