Note to New Members ×

how'd I do ?

davekempmeister

I rec'd a call from a friend's father asking advice about a snowboard for Christmas. He called while shopping and I spoke to him long enough to deduce that Arbor was a brand available where he was at that moment. He purchased an Arbor Element (164 or 165, I don't remember exactly).

My friend is approx 6' 4" / 180 and has a relaxed and somewhat upright style. He used to ride a Burton Twisted Assym that was soft. He just cruises around, y'know? Anyway, anyone have an opinion, good or bad, about the selection? I thought it best to try and make sure his dad made a purchase, lest he get distracted and never revisit the subject. He ponied up $500 - not too shabby.

Hey Dave,

I had an Arbor A-Frame a few years back and loved it. If anything, it was a bit too responsive for me (it hated to ride flat.) I hear that the Element is a more relaxed version. So, it sounds like a really good choice--size-wise too.

I have heard a few complaints about top sheet durability the last few years, but I still think they're quality company doing interesting things. And they always turn heads...

I rec'd a call from a friend's father asking advice about a snowboard for Christmas. He called while shopping and I spoke to him long enough to deduce that Arbor was a brand available where he was at that moment. He purchased an Arbor Element (164 or 165, I don't remember exactly).

My friend is approx 6' 4" / 180 and has a relaxed and somewhat upright style. He used to ride a Burton Twisted Assym that was soft. He just cruises around, y'know? Anyway, anyone have an opinion, good or bad, about the selection? I thought it best to try and make sure his dad made a purchase, lest he get distracted and never revisit the subject. He ponied up $500 - not too shabby.

at 6'4 he probably has big feet so a wide board would be a must unless he rides high angles

Actually Bob, he's the exception with size 9 or 9 1/2 feet - small for his size. Board has a decent waist nonetheless (24ish +, I think). I'm same height with a size 15 foot so I'm always checking out the waistwidth. I've got the same Tanker your selling. You don't like it? or is it that the guy that made it will probably never get to ride one? No wrong answer, just curious.