Note to New Members ×

heading to whistler

canuckcarver

im going mid december, anyone know what conditions to expect?. first time at big mountain riding. i bringing my oxygen 178 and a volkl 164 good choices??

thanks

There is a big Whistler crew here but they will tell you the same thing - expect anything from a powder dump to a rainstorm and rock boarding. Often, you get both on the same day depending on your elevation.

If memory serves, the last two seasons were exceptional, the season before that was pathetic.

For gear, you could actually just arrive with boots and bindings and rent or demo from Prior. It's about the only mountain where you can do that and be confident you can get good rental boards of the alpine variety.

I wish you the best of luck. It literaly is a roll of the dice that early in the season. The mountains usually try to open by November 23rd or so to catch the American thanksgiving. I've seen it great and seen it absolutely blow a herd of goats. You should probably bring a board thats good in soft snow, and a POS board just in case.

Dave R.