Note to New Members ×

Richards and Spillway

AccidentalChef

I was feelin' a bit sassy last sunday, I'm thinking of breaking out the 182 later on this sat., I may have to check and see if I have the fortitude for a spill way run on day 2. I am not known for rational thought or behavior at times, however, its like only 5-7 turns......

stay tuned

mario

I have Pavlovian responses to these types of threads at this time of any given year. Pulse quickens, palms sweat, salivate - seriously. I'll be out that way second week of December with my 4-pak and my appointment with Larry the bootfitter - woohoo. Keep the (positive) updates coming. I do love Loveland.

I'm planning on being there Saturday at 8:30am. This will be my first time on a hard boot setup and also my first day back. If any of you guys are going to be there, I'll be riding the blue donek axxess with the furrowed brow or ear to ear grin, I don't know which yet.

I started the day thinking that it was going to be a nightmare of sorts, I was amazed to not get front row parking, and people where still pouring in as I pulled the j-bird out of the element. Starting the day on that board did not seem like one of my smartest moves, but those who know me..... Once I got off of the chair, it seemed that the carving gods were looking out for me, for almost every run untill 11:30 was nearly racer/jibber/kook free, had one close call but I saw the b-liners shadow and turned away. I ran splillway, it is in fact 7 turns, and richards. An east coaster would probably consider the snow hero on those two runs but since I am one of those sissy colorado carvers, it was a little too firm for my tastes. Mambo was quite delicious(firm, but not to firm)I met Dan, and Adam and his wife, and hopefully any tomentoring that I sent their way wil prove fruitful. D and Pete, bring your real boots tomorrow, you won't regret it.

mario

Mario,

Thanks for the advice today. Managed to skid a few towards the bottom. Loveland is quite lovely to walk down :eek: and do falling leafs, but in the future I'll prefer carving down it. At least I got my boots nicely broken in now, and they were quite comfy.

Lets see how round two goes. Soon as I got home I got the edges sharpened and the board waxed for next time. Should have thought to have done that with a new board.

As for the snow coverage, it looked and felt awesome. They've done a pretty impressive job for an early season start. Anyone who can get out there should, you wont be sorry.