Note to New Members ×

Triple Trenches

b0ardski

I have some older solomon demo binders that are adjustable enough to use with the blax or raichles.

DONT TRY THIS AT HOME, as the release may not work properly without a DIN normal bail ledge.

The softer lateral flex is not the response of a ski boot but if your smooth & centered it works pretty well on the groomers.

Finding skis & a board with a similar radii & flex pattern is an issue when matching pre-existing tracks. I think it would be easier to follow someone else like in powder 8s.

Groomer 8s are fun too:1luvu:

I have UPZ boots with din modules - short BSL for the size, and my angles are high enough that I shouldn't get any drag, and they are fully compatible with ski bindings.

edit: I have not skied in them yet, so not sure how the performance will be...looking forward to finding out though...

Blue B Boris has a set up that is designed to do exactly that- since he teaches both skiing and snowboarding at his local hill- Cypress Mountain in Vancouver.

I have seen him transfer seamlessly from two planks to one plank without a hiccup.

If memory serves, he slides on both set-ups in a pair of Dalbellos...

George

Ah, OK, alpine bindings, snowboard boots, might cause an injury of even death (!), I've got it! Seems there should be a way to have one boot work properly with snowboards and skis...would cut down on the junk a guy needs to do both.

DIN-heeled snowboard boots exist, and work well enough with standard bail-type bindings, although you may get some heel overhang. AT skiboots are okay (same overhang issues), I used them on my board for a season. At least with TR9's and my Snowpros you need to carve a chunk out of the side of the vibram heel part of the boot to get it to engage properly, but it's nothing that will cause problems integrity-wise or cause problems with ski bindings either.

Or, I s'pose, if you didn't care about destroying your knees and hips the first time you fall, you could use those horrible bail-type snowblade bindings. <shudder>