Note to New Members ×

Sun valley in Feb.

Strider

HEy guys,

I'll be heading out to Sun Valley from Feb. 7-25. I'll be out there with Special Olympics doing some clinics and pacesetting for their World Games, but expect to get a few days of riding in after its done. I think we'll be on Dollar Mt. for the events, but am wondering what to hit on my days off, nad if anyone else will be around at that time? My wife and son will also be out there cruising around all week while I'm working. I've heard its a great place for wide open runs with few people. thanks for any replies,\

Brett

HEy guys,

I'll be heading out to Sun Valley from Feb. 7-25. I'll be out there with Special Olympics doing some clinics and pacesetting for their World Games, but expect to get a few days of riding in after its done. I think we'll be on Dollar Mt. for the events, but am wondering what to hit on my days off, nad if anyone else will be around at that time? My wife and son will also be out there cruising around all week while I'm working. I've heard its a great place for wide open runs with few people. thanks for any replies,\

Brett

I'm here all the time, but I think that is during SES so might be gone a few days around then.

Would love to show you the goods as I see them.

Feb is a little busier than January but especially early in the month before the spring beak cycles start it will be pretty quiet midweek for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Carvedog, and others,

I'll be in SV from the 8th-15th. I'll really only have time to ride on the 12 th and 13th, and the morning of the 14th since I'm working for Special Olympics on the other days. Will have the family in tow, but if you're on the mountain and see a new carver you don't recognize stop and say hi. I'm sure we can fit some turns in somewhere.

Brett

Hey Carvedog, and others,

I'll be in SV from the 8th-15th. I'll really only have time to ride on the 12 th and 13th, and the morning of the 14th since I'm working for Special Olympics on the other days. Will have the family in tow, but if you're on the mountain and see a new carver you don't recognize stop and say hi. I'm sure we can fit some turns in somewhere.

Brett

I was going to be at SES, but now that is over. YOu come in on Sunday?

Always looking to hook up with Bombers. I try to ride on Tues and Thurs and then a day on the weekend with the kids at Dollar. Would love to give some beta on restaurants etc if you wish.

208-720-2383 Cell. Call anytime. Usually up early and late. In fact I don't think I really sleep much, since I have had kids.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give you a call when I get in to Boise, and have to make the drive up to Ketchum. I'm sure I'll take any info on restaurants you have, especially since my wife and son will be on their own for a couple nights while I'm working. I'll definitely be out on Baldy on Thursday. Its my first free day and I've got a free ticket for that day. We'll probably do a half day on Dollar on Sat if I can arrange the Fedex pickup of our stuff for late in the day. My son is 6 and loves to rip it up on his skis so it'd be fun to see some other kids. Looking forward to seeing what Idaho has to offer.

Brett

or stop by the gallery, say hi to Jerry, and look at his awesome work. You never know what you might take home!:biggthump BTW, I'll be over in March.

Thanks Art. Glad you liked that piece. Hope we get to make a couple of turns when you come.

Brett,

If I can help get some gear to FedEx I would be happy to if that makes the transition easier. I don't think they have a drop open on Saturday, unless you make a special arrangement.

Don't know if you have been here before, but it sounds like you know where Dollar is. Driving from Boise isn't bad, but Cat Creek summit area and into Fairfield can be nasty. That is if you turn off at Mtn Home. That is the shortest way, just take it easy after you come over the pass.

Looking forward to it. I have Thurs penciled in for play. :biggthump

The groomers have been epic the last few days. Had about 4 inches last night. Nice today and supposed to get colder with chances of snow all weekend. And chances of Sun too.