Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Carve Fest - no lifts Thursday

Mike T

I posted this on the Carve Fest thread as well, but thought I should call it out specifically...

Timberline has changed their schedule and will not be running lifts Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays until June 4. So, we won't be able to ride at Timberline on Thursday May 13.

So the "official" Carve Fest dates are now Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, May 14 - 16. Only four people (myself, Jason, Tim, and Jim) had said they were definitely coming on Thursday anyway so probably not a big deal. The BBQ is still at my place on Saturday after riding.

If people still want to ride on Thursday, we could trek out to Mt Bachelor. They are open from 8am to 1pm. Or, if anyone wants a fourth day, we could ride on Monday the 17th.

It looks like conditions will ideal for climbing and snowboarding with new snow on saturaday and monday (snow level=5000ft) and having it warm up starting on thrusday with sunshine. By friday Noaa says sunny 11k snow level...

Jim