Note to New Members ×

hyarc anybody

carvingchef

Thanks for diggin that up Bryan, I too love the oddities, might be nice to pair the hyarc with a swingbo,

also let me know if you happen across any Nitro stepins:biggthump

Yes, they both have unique engineering. The Swing Bo or Alpin Surf has had allot more "ride time". It was quite popular in Europe for a time.

Yes, I have not stopped looking for your bindings. :biggthump

Dual Camber, Dual Edge, Snowster, Swingbo, Hyarc, are just a few of the innovations that have surfaced over the years. There will be plenty more, we just can't help trying to make a better mouse trap. :smashfrea

• 5 years later...

I've ridden the one I bought from Tex a few times, posted a review not long after this thread. Always draws a lot of questions. The ride is rather strange; pivoting the back foot to alter the relative angle of the boards feels odd but is workable. It's near impossible to hold it straight, it;s always a pivot from one side to the other to establish a turn arc. fun as a novelty.

3141400200_71b614371d_z.jpg

3141536760_a546011258_z.jpg3140707073_95fe887268_z.jpg

Ok, I decided that the HyArc is one of the worst ideas ever to come along for snowboarding. One of the problems I had to deal with was the snow was hard pack and then the other was the fact that this ridiculous thing could not hold an edge to save its life. The board will be heading to the wall and will not be seeing any more snow as long as I have it.

post-2027-141842412008_thumb.jpg

Good job!! Glad you actually got out to try it!!

Are the edges dull?

Although it was definitely designed with soft boots designed , I think plates might be helpful.

The reason being the extreme height of the binding platform. This places allot of leverage against the ankles. Did you feel that?

Only thing better would be video :)

Thanks for giving the old BOL try!!!

• 4 years later...
On 9/27/2008 at 10:52 AM, carvingchef said:

Hi B0ardsky

this is all measured by hand:

overall lenght 160 (i have another 160 cm. board and side to side they stand at the exact same hight)

front section:

nose 23.7

waist 22.3

tail 23.4

effective edge 72

rear section:

nose 22.5

waist 21.5

tail 22

effective edge 59

there is absolutely no camber, it is totally flat, except tips and tails of course, though the rear section has almost no tail and a small nose, the front section has very small tail and average nose

hope this helps

post-6353-141842260481_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842260482_thumb.jpg

On 9/22/2008 at 4:20 PM, carvingchef said:

I picked up a hyarc snowboard a while ago from ebay, I never used it and it's still new, I believe Tex has one unless he sold it recently, I would like to find out who else has one of these and if anybody ever rode one I would like to know what set-up you used, boots, bindings, angles and your opinion on how it rides

and if you have any video of somebody riding one it would be great to watch it.

here are a couple of pics of mine, the base picture shows how much it can bend, don't be afraid to show pictures of yours

post-6353-14184226041_thumb.jpg

post-6353-141842260411_thumb.jpg

1 minute ago, backflipper2 said: