Note to New Members ×

Season ender

Gecko

first complete day walking without a cane...my physical theRapist was absolutely brutal to me today, I had complaints of needing balance strengthening so in addition to balance board work she had me doing stairs for 20 minutes...however my pain is getting a lot more dull and annoying and has lost the sharpness of even 3-5 days ago. I gifted myself lst night when I put away my cane with a new set of wheels since that's still likely the only carving I'll be doing this year. Maybe end of Jan is what the doctors are saying right now. Hopefully I'll be using these dodging cones the day after Thanksgiving while some of you are carving trenches

Good news I guess - keep at it my friend.

I'd be interested in your (even gimpy) thoughts on those wheels...I hope they make 'em in harder duros soon.

It's full-on winter up here already!

-RF

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news I guess - keep at it my friend.

I'd be interested in your (even gimpy) thoughts on those wheels...I hope they make 'em in harder duros soon.

It's full-on winter up here already!

-RF

Pretty wintry here too..

I might see if I can steal tony's board (or the wheels!) for a minute to try them out also.

supposed to be in 82a as well but considering I'll be relegated to 4 wheel carving for at least the next 2 months, so softer is better now. If they work well at 80a this winter I'll be getting a set of 82a's for the warmer months. gonna run them with lemons to start but I may switch to 84a hotspots. Yes Andrew you can try my board the wheels are staying up

well I have a ways to go...2 hours of cones with xxguitarist yesterday and I was wasted physically...my balance is still whacky, fell on my a$$ once, when I was over enthusiastic about starting my last run...wounded pride and probably scared andrew. Mostly I was trying to gauge my physical condition and of course get back on a board (of any kind). I only pulled out of one run and that was wheel ( review here for Rick ) related not any real problem I also didn't spray a lot of cones though admittedly I wasn't skating real fast either. More skating as long as the weather holds. I figure at this point that even though I wish things were different the doctor is right I have at least 2 months before buying a lift ticket is even worthwhile.

Damn hotbeans broken calcaneus looks painful. I get all my xrays mid december for my VA records review I'll post them then.

falling was good, especially that stupidly. It kinda broke the ice and let me know that I can and not get hurt...well other than my pride (which is all but gone) and straining my back a bit in my attempt to land like a cat from a banana peel fall (something I nearly succeeded at)

• 3 weeks later...

my doc actually said I'm free....free to snowboard even especially (and these were his words) since I ride an alpine board with ski type boots. Of course it's snowing so I can't go try the new wheels on my slalom board or my new park board but I'm still happy

Of course it's snowing so I can't go try the new wheels on my slalom board or my new park board but I'm still happy

Good news...and MAN is it snowing!!!!! WR and I are hitting the hill tomorrow AM first thing. TP - let me know if you are ever up in this neck of the tundra.

-RF

Good news...and MAN is it snowing!!!!! WR and I are hitting the hill tomorrow AM first thing. TP - let me know if you are ever up in this neck of the tundra.

-RF

yeah I'd like to get up your way but with my retirement in a few months I'm sticking around looking for jobs and saving money....

Skating wise there is a neighborhood nearby that has uber clean roads withing a day or two of any storm so I'll be freecarving and downhilling on wheels by Xmas (may drag xxguitarist out if he finishes his board)