Note to New Members ×

availabilty of intec heels?

snowboardfast

I do believe if a person is handy with a phillips screwdriver, you can make a left intec heel a right intec heel and vise versa. Not trying to be a smart-ass. All you'd have to do is, with the heel removed from the boot, remove the cover with the screws and then route the cable to the other side.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's all a person would have to do! Think Snow!

I do believe if a person is handy with a phillips screwdriver, you can make a left intec heel a right intec heel and vise versa. Not trying to be a smart-ass. All you'd have to do is, with the heel removed from the boot, remove the cover with the screws and then route the cable to the other side.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's all a person would have to do! Think Snow!

Actually, Jeff. There are only two parts that are different on the heels that make them left or right and unfortunately the interior is where they are You can make a left a right but you need a broken right one so that you can take out the innards. Otherwise the cable will be pulling the mechanism the wrong way. I can post some pics at some point if you or anyone else is interested. Maybe if I find some time I can write up a heel FAQ.

I save my broken heels just for this so that I can make lefts, rights and rights lefts. The thing I usually break is the little wing on the front of the heel. Usually, everything else is fine on the heels so I save them.

->Ben