Note to New Members ×

Kevin Delaney

inkaholic

It looks like all you cone carvers have another oldschool threat to deal with. It seems that Kevin is now playing in cones and getting fast quickly.

Quotes from Kevin Delaney

"It all started in May with a little nudge from friends from Boulder, that I should enter the National Championships in Slalom Skateboarding in San Luis Obispo, CA July 11-13. http://2008slalomnationals.com/index.html I rode through some cones for about 45mins in June and borrowed a board and decided I would give it a go. Fun, fear, competition jitters etc. With minimal time in the cones, I was pretty nervous about going 40mph on day 1."

"I ended up 5th in GS, 5th in Hybrid, and 4th in Tight Slalom to win 1st Overall in Open Division in my first event."

Gorge Games:

"I made up 3 seconds on my 2nd run and finished .09 back in 2nd."

"I finished 2nd in GS, 3rd in Hybrid, and 2nd in Tight Slalom for another Overall Victory and my second Overall in a row. I improved dramatically over the previous weekend and beat everyone in my division who was at the SLO event. I made a big mistake in the TS, failing to cross the finish line timing strip after winning the first run by more than .8, and shadowing my competitor to the line. I had the win but I couldn’t get back up the hill to the freaking timing strip and DQ’d for 2nd. Two close misses at winning this weekend."

"Thanks to the skate crew that took me under their wing and showed me how to get around those cones without sliding out or going slow. Big thanks to the event staff that set it all up and kept it running both weekends."

Ink

In the dual events at Morro, KD was one of my toughest pairs, besides the finals. But don't worry Kevin, I'm getting faster daily too. ;)

I might have to move to CO so I can train with COSS and the most talented collection of slkateboard racers in the US of A.

Not only is KD fast - he's got a killer personality, and huge stoke for racing of any kind.

So come on snow racers - get on board! Last winter I was asked fairly often how improved so much in the off-season...it was racing skateboards, especially in the tighter snow slaloms.

So come on snow racers - get on board! Last winter I was asked fairly often how improved so much in the off-season...it was racing skateboards, especially in the tighter snow slaloms.

Even just for carvers spending a few hours a week wiggling makes a huge difference. I turn my hips forward much more naturally now than I use to, I still need to work on my stance as it's still really surfy but now that I have a set course that's easier to do even with just a stop watch

edit: besides looking at my urethane tracks after I pull the cones is almost as enjoyable as looking at 1st trenches on virgin cord:D