Note to New Members ×

In search of....firewood

Guest shrederjen

Guest shrederjen

Heya Summit folks.

I'm coming up in a few weeks to enjoy a little of your summertime weather and take care of some chores. Does anyone have a good line on 3/4 to a cord of firewood, delivered?? Oh yea, delivered to Wildernest (Silverthorne).

Thanks in advance,

Jen

ps.....will be hanging out up there for 4 or 5 days and intend on doing a little hiking, if anyone is interested. email or call me!

Guest shrederjen

Hi Lee,

I have read that you can 'harvest' up to 2 cords of wood with a permit. I dont think they want me bringing my little Stihl on the airplane..... Plus, I would rather pay someone to cut the wood up for me. I am looking for some firewood delivered. Does not have to be stacked. I can haul it into the condo, if need be. Any leads would be great!

Thanks,

Jen

I believe they're already cut.

Hmm, not sure if youre a resident of Vail or not (rather not to ASSuME)

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20080618/NEWS/564283105&parentprofile=search

For summit county, http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20080625/NOTES/158796406&parentprofile=search

tho i dont know if you have met any chainsaw buddies out there ? I hope you have. :)

Guest shrederjen

Yea, I had read the summit article, the other day.

I think I would rather spend my short time up there doing some hiking, rather than cutting wood!!! I am willing to pay for some cut up wood. I have no problem hauling it inside and stacking it. If I had to, I would pack my midsized SUV rental full of wood. heheheh If I found a pile of cut up firewood somewhere!

I probably read more of the Summit Daily news, than I do the Fort Worth Telegram. Rather sad..... I will start checking the Summit for wood suppliers in the next week or so.

Ah, if it makes you feel better, Im a former ft worth star telegram reader (I even still have the front page of dallas cowboy superbowl winner of telegram tee-shirt -- tho i cant find it at the moment).

WELCOME to summit daily :D

Guest shrederjen

Yea, I will talk to him.

Not so sure he delivers to Summit.....

I've had 4 different sets of renters up there in the past 2 weeks.

I think I'm out of firewood and toilet paper. Doh!