Note to New Members ×

Any WA carvers going to closing weekend at Baker?

Guest thomas_m

Guest thomas_m

We'll prolly head up for a few AM runs. The S/O wants to try out her new hardboots before we go down to Mt Hood next month.

I've never been to Baker - any specific blues I should try to hit, the less bumps the better...

T.

I didn't know the closing date but you have me kinda thinking about heading up for some turns Sunday. Best plan for mellow runs is to park in the lower White Salmon lot, hop on the beginner chair, then head over towards Hemispheres (chair 8). You can follow the cat track down the upper part to avoid the steeps then it opens up to a number of wider slopes good for laying some carves down to the bottom. An added bonus: Very fun to see the odd looks you get from the Bellingham softie crowd when you rip by on plates.

:D

-Sean

that I didn't have a burn pile at home the size of most midwestern resort hills! My drive is only about 60 miles and it's fun to see how few people up there don't know what you're on. Now I'm REALLY tempted! I agree w/Sean, go to lower lot (top may be closed) and ride the greens, but ya gotta try Daytona once. I love the rollers once you're in! Upper area has a few nice but narrow cat tracks and some easy shorter runs.