Note to New Members ×

Help with cholesterol

photodad2001

If you are deficient in Bvitamins you don't process it quickly enough and it acidifies your blood.

Vaaddddy interesting... My doc (naturopath, technically) has me on B supplements for a variety of reasons. I've been amazed at how many aspects of my health have, min my perception, improved since then.

One product that is easy to get (walmart has it the cheapest) and that works well at reducing this problem is called Emergen-C one or two packets a day

There are about a dozen "flavors" of Emergen-C out there. I mix one Bone Health with one Joint Health before snowboarding and then again just as I start to notice the first sign of fatigue. Essentially I use it as a poor man's sport legs. Which flavor (or mixture) is best for blood acidity reduction?

sportlegs is calcium lactate which in theory tricks the body into producing less lactic acid.

there is calcium ascorbate in emergenC but its not the same thing. EmergenC is a great natural energizer though and its B's are much more balanced than regular energy drinks.

The basic C mixes are the best. Any of them would be beneficial though. some of the other products ie bone health etc. have less C and more other stuff. the vit C mineral ascorbates are the effective part as well as the B vitamins.

I tell my patients to choose the flavor they will actually take. It doesn't do any good on the shelf.

they also make a fantastic electrolyte product called electromix its in the same little packets but it gets mixed with a liter of water instead of 4 oz.

Great for summer rehydration. I also run it in my camelbak on the mtn all winter. just a hint of lemon-lime flavor to the water when it is desolved

sportlegs is calcium lactate which in theory tricks the body into producing less lactic acid.

there is calcium ascorbate in emergenC but its not the same thing. EmergenC is a great natural energizer though and its B's are much more balanced than regular energy drinks.

Placebo affect on action???

No burning quads all season - 86 days, ~1.4 million vertical feet, one day was 55k vert.

Lactic acid overproduction is viewed as more or less normal now days. While some production is normal it is likely that poor conditioning and poor diet are responsible for most of it. By taking a supplement and exercising regularly your body is simply adapting to your level of performance and not producing as much.:biggthump

Plus the energy boost you get from the product would tend to help you push through and improve your performance.