Note to New Members ×

LaCroix Boards??

patmoore

One of our ski club members is selling a 165cm LaCroix RaceBoard with hard boot bindings. The only reference I can find to LeCroix boards is a Skwal board. According to their website, LaCroix makes wooden skis.

Any idea how old this thing is? I'm pretty happy with my race boards but some of our club members have expressed interest in alpine boards and I was wondering if this was something they should look at.

As always,

Much obliged,

Pat Moore

Guest Pre School Rider

They pulled out of the U.S. in 1999,and got bought up by Rossignol in 2001.The had the most boards here in the '92-'96 seasons,so it's likely older Vs. newer. Nice boards for The Day,but with pretty narrow stances,insert-wise.Also,a Warning here-If this thing is mounted with Ski-Screws(no inserts! Eek),DON'T Ride It,just hang it on the wall.Seriously...

Eric - you were right. The bindings were screwed directly to the board (it was the original installation). I guy I know bought it for $50 anyway. He's only ridden soft boot boards up 'til now and figured he'd do a one time switch to goofy to try out hard boots.

Guest Pre School Rider

Pat,I advise that the board not be ridden.However,knowing human nature,I can foresee that someone would want to ride the dang thing anyway.If that ambition comes to pass,do the following if possible before the board hits the snow;Check all the screws,gently tightening them as not to strip the threading.Use it only on moderate slopes,no Black Diamond stuff at all.If it turns out to be something that is fun enough to continue riding,go check out Sun Valley Tools,buy the 'snowboard insert' kit,and bring the board to me.I'll put inserts in it for a marginal fee,but only after a waiver is signed. Hmm,who'd ever think there might be a niche market for 'antique snowboard repairs'?