Note to New Members ×

Loaded

Coloradoking

hmmm.... nice boards

when you first buy them...

my loaded is now softer; less stable and doesn't feel as comfortable to ride around town anymore; so much money, it should last alot longer than it seems like it inevitably will.

another two months (i've had it for about that long) and i'll have a new wall decoration... oh boy.... :angryfire

Contact Loaded. A friend of mine weighs about 250 pounds and goes by the name of "Tank," and he's had a Vanguard forever. I rode it the day he got it, and I've ridden it recently. It's just as sweet as I remember it. Loaded is very good about this, and you may have a bum board. Then again, it's lasted longer than a trick deck, and you've still got the trucks, so why not use it as an excuse to get another!

hmmm.... nice boards

when you first buy them...

my loaded is now softer; less stable and doesn't feel as comfortable to ride around town anymore; so much money, it should last alot longer than it seems like it inevitably will.

another two months (i've had it for about that long) and i'll have a new wall decoration... oh boy.... :angryfire

I have many miles on my vanguard. It looks beat to hell, but the flex is just as snappy as the day I first set my feet upon it (2 years ago).

King - I don't know how experienced a skateboarder you are so forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know but . . .

It's possible that your loaded is a lemon, but are you sure that the deck being "softer" is why your ride is less stable/comfortable?

Lots of other things change too as you break-in a new board - wheels loose their slickness, bushings soften, etc.

Regardless of how aggressively you ride, a board will break down and get softer. Probably the best way to break down the fibers and give the literal broken-in feel is to jump up and down on one foot in the center of the board. That said, riding style will be reflected in how fast and to what extent the board will soften up.

There's some pretty big boys riding Loaded boards, who weigh much more than whatever force you could ever exert on the board. Unless you're pulling about 1.5 g's, in which case, you gotta give me a longboard lesson.

What does pumping have to do with any of that?

• 2 weeks later...

Got out and road my new Vanguard last night in a huge sloped parking lot. Woohoo. I had on my full leathers and a ski helmet and leather gloves. I didn't go down, but it was fun. The 97mm wheels roll over all the pebbles, batteries, etc. that you find in a community college parking lot. Now I need to find some videos that talk about weight distribution, foot position, carving turns, sliding, etc. I really don't know this stuff and I know I could learn from others faster than if I just try to figure it out on my own (like I did when I learned to snowboard). Any suggestions on where to find some good info?

• 2 weeks later...
Got out and road my new Vanguard last night in a huge sloped parking lot. Woohoo. I had on my full leathers and a ski helmet and leather gloves. I didn't go down, but it was fun. The 97mm wheels roll over all the pebbles, batteries, etc. that you find in a community college parking lot. Now I need to find some videos that talk about weight distribution, foot position, carving turns, sliding, etc. I really don't know this stuff and I know I could learn from others faster than if I just try to figure it out on my own (like I did when I learned to snowboard). Any suggestions on where to find some good info?

And forums on the more race-oriented end of things...

http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB/index.php

http://www.ncdsa.com