Note to New Members ×

Chile snowboard and surf camps

Guest lkosglow

Guest lkosglow

For those of you that weren't at the SES (and for those that were) here's the press release about our Chilean snowboard camps. These camps are hardboot oriented but we're open to softies too! Thanks for your patience...

When the heat of August is unbearable do you constantly think about snow?

World Locals snowboard and surf camps are the answer to hot weather doldrums. Come to Chile with some of the countries best snowboarders to improve your riding skills and learn to surf or improve the surf skills you already have.

World Locals was started by three U.S. Snowboard Team members-including Boulder, Colorado Olympian, Lisa Kosglow. After years of competing around the world Kosglow, along with her partners, Tyler Jewell and Anton Pogue decided to take clients down south to experience the team’s favorite stop on tour!

With over 25 years of combined experience competing internationally the World Locals team will guarantee improvement in your snowboarding. The focus of the camp is skill development, freeriding, and running gates at Termas de Chillan. After five days of intense riding we head to Pichilemu on the coast. Pogue is the surf expert and can teach just about anyone to catch waves! Bring your own surfboard or borrow one of ours, we make it easy!

World Locals provides a unique travel experience, not your average trip! Travel through the famous Chilean wine country and snowboard in the Andes with world-class instruction. Soak in the famous “termas” or hot springs in Chillan then head to the coast to hang out in beach bungalows and surf. At night roast “longaniza’s” a Chilean sausage, over the fire and watch the sunset. When it’s all said and done World Locals will send you a DVD of your trip to show your friends and family!

World Locals is offering two unique trips this summer to Chile. The all ages trip August 7-18 for $2295 and an adult trip August 21-29 for $2495. Prices don't include airfare.

Interested? Contact World Locals at worldlocals@yahoo.com or by phone 303.641.5134

Guest Randy S.

Sign me up! I've got airline tickets on hold and I'm ready to go.

Hmmm. Great wine. Great mountains and surfing close-by. Sounds like California in February. An upside down summer vacation, I can't wait.

I had the pleasure of having Lisa coach me at last summer's Snowperformance carve camp at Mt. Hood. She's great. I haven't had much chance to ride with Anton, but I've seen him compete and his skills are awesome. He beat me very soundly at Squaw this year. Plus he's a very entertaining guy. Maybe he'll let us ride one of his very customized Doneks (think Donek with a built-on conshox).

I'm psyched, now I have something to look forward to all summer.

Just to second Randy's comment: Lisa rocks. I was at last summer's carve camp at Timberline too, and you couldn't ask for a better, more patient coach. And this goes without saying, but she's a fabulous carver too - great to watch and learn.

I won't be making this trip to Chile, but for those of you that can put together the money and time, I'd highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lkosglow

thanks for the props, Randy and Dan!

we're psyched for the trip and are getting a lot of interest! Too bad you can't make it Dan. Randy, we got your deposit and super stoked that you're coming with us! I'm in Hawaii right now brushing up on my surfing skills, can't wait!

Lisa

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by kiwanoron

When does this take place this summer(does it?)?

Last weekend in July, check Snowperformance's web site for details. Gavin's also running trips to NZ and Argentina, but they won't be carving specific, they'll be mostly skiers and some snowboarders. If Lisa & Anton's trip to Chile is too rich for your blood (its certainly not cheap, but I'm betting it'll be worth it), $450 for 3 days at Mt. Hood is pretty good. Gavin runs a very well organized program. Sean and Mark are great coaches.

Randy

Originally posted by kiwanoron

When does this take place this summer(does it?)?

THANKS

The Snowperformance camp is July 30th thru August 1st. The price is $440 for a three day session ( lodging packages also are also available). Given the increasing interest and early bookings, we also may do another date this summer. Please check the web site and feel free to email or call with any Q's.

Regards,

Sean

Guest lkosglow

Amazing day surfing yesterday, all by myself! Getting ready for Chile!

For info on Chillan you might want to check out Chillan's website the address is www.termaschillan.cl in the upper right corner is a button for an english version.

• 1 month later...
Guest Randy S.

Who else is going to Chile? I just renewed my passport, got my USSA membership renewed and all my boards are waxed (and there are still two months before departure!). I could use a new pair of boots, but I'll probably have to ride on the old ones. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and having a blast in Chile.

The best part is my ex-wife is taking the kids to NJ for the week I'm in Chile. Hmmm. Who is going to have more fun??? A few more years and I'll take the kids to Chile!

Guest Ghostrider

I wish I could go to chile..:mad:

I'll just keep up on my surfing in Lake Michigan and pretend its Hawaii...or Chile...(and not just "chilly"..haha..play on words..I crack myself up.)

o well...someday I'll get there!!! Have fun Lisa and Randy!

Tell Anton that Bill Hartman says howdy!

Guest Ghostrider

For me, from Detroit to Santiago, flights run about $1,125 and anywhere between 12 and 24 hours of travel time....too rich for my blood...:mad:

Anybody want to donate frequent flyer miles to me??? :D

Guest Randy S.

Gotta love frequent flyer miles. It cost me 90K miles plus $48 for round trip First Class from SF to Santiago. I think it was 60K miles for coach. I leave Sf at 2:00pm and arrive Santiago 7:30am the next day. Haven't looked at time change to figure out how long that is. I change in Dallas. They also fly to Santiago from Miami.