Note to New Members ×

Burton Physics - Fit Raichle 700s?

Al G

but they will not take the bail free feature for the toe you will have to use the included toe bails so it will be similar to the carier physics binding

the heel part is the same shape as a intec heel where it connects to the boot

I've used the binding for a couple of years and only have noticed one problem. Pulling up on the release lanyard is very hard unless you shift your weight to the outside of the foot.

As an example: If you ride regular, come to a stop with a turn to the right so that you are leaning into the hill and the weight is on the outside of your right foot. The binding releases fairly easily that way. You'll hear a double popping sound and the boot will come free. Until I learned this trick I spent some frustrating minutes near the base of the chairlift trying to free my boot.

BTW, I use Raichles too. I think its a model 324.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Again some questions about intec system - burton physic binding :

- Is it possible to use those bindings with a standard intec heel (i don't speak about toe) that i used now with intec F2 bindings on a Hot blast ?

- If no, is it possible to screw the F2 intec "U" on the physics plate (replace burton "U", with F2 "U", (are the screw the same diameter and same distance))?

- Is the standard burton heel sold with burton physics compatible with head stratos pro ?

- I've read bad reviews about burton physics : are they so bad ?

- What is the lenght of the equilateral trangle of the Burton 3D insert system ?

(As you see, I've many possibilities and would like to find the best).

Thanks for your help

FOB

There are Two type of Burton physics. Physics Race and Physics Career.

Carreers are made out of rather weak plastic and most of the bad reviews are related to them.

Physics Race are more expensive and they use much stronger metal base and I have not heard of any problems with them except for getting out of binding that can be easily addressed by putting your weight on the heel before pulling the handle/cable. (as another fellow carver correctly mentioned above).

changing the U of intec with the U of Burton?...Hmmm,..interesting, I have no idea.

Me and a fellow tahoecarver are using Burton physics Race model without any problem so far. He said in one of these threads that he has had 80 days already on one set of Burton heels with no problems.

Currently I use these heels on my HEAD boots. Again, like already mentioned above, they are compatible with any other boots that intec heel would fit. They basically have the same dimensions for the fitting areas/screws but use a different mechanism of engaging.

Originally posted by FOB

Hi,

Again some questions about intec system - burton physic binding :

- Is it possible to use those bindings with a standard intec heel (i don't speak about toe) that i used now with intec F2 bindings on a Hot blast ?

- If no, is it possible to screw the F2 intec "U" on the physics plate (replace burton "U", with F2 "U", (are the screw the same diameter and same distance))?

- Is the standard burton heel sold with burton physics compatible with head stratos pro ?

- I've read bad reviews about burton physics : are they so bad ?

- What is the lenght of the equilateral trangle of the Burton 3D insert system ?

(As you see, I've many possibilities and would like to find the best).

Thanks for your help

FOB

1. and 2.) I have heard rumors of Physics heel pieces being used on Catek baseplates. If that is the case, perhaps the Catek Intec receiver can be used on a Physics baseplate. the Intec heel uses 2 pins that stick out laterally from the heel into holes in the receiver, and the Physics heel uses 2 rings that slide vertically over posts on the receiver. The two systems are not interchangeable.

3.) The Physics heel has the same upper profile and bolt pattern as Intec heels, so any boot that has an Intec-compatible heel will accept Physics heels.

4.) The only step-in system I have used has been Physics. I have had no problems with it mechanically, but since Burton no longer produces the system, finding replacement parts may prove to be difficult. I prefer Physics to Intec for a few reasons:

a.) The posts seem to clear snow from the rings as you step down with more authority than the Intec pins seem to clear snow from the holes.

b.) The friction-lock mechanism of the system seems to hold the heel of the heel of the boot more solidly than Intec pins - less play, more stiffness. But this was a pretty subjective test using different boots, bindings and boards.

c.) The ability to use the Speed Hooks for more stiffness and responsiveness than a toe bail. Unfortunately, this is only possible with Burton boots, AFAIK.

Also, judging from some recent posts, Intec heels are not infallible.

5.) I'm pretty sure that the 3D hole pattern is 30mm on a side, but I'm not near a board rihgt now.

Hope this helps.