Note to New Members ×

New Prior WCR 185 on ebay

Chubz

Originally posted by Chris Houghton

There's deals on Prior's website that are very close to the current bid for this stick, and you don't need to deal with shipping from Great Britain.

we might be seeing two different pages, but the used boards at prior are damn close to new price

only problem with that one at ebay is the seller will not answer questions at all!

Ive emailed quite a few times and gotten zero response

fuggit. not dealin with shipping from the UK thats for sure

I think we're looking at the same (WCR used) pages - but don't forget the used stuff is Canadian dollars. There's a few boards around $400 to $420, which is what I based my comparison on, some older stuff is even less. For a few (Canuck) dollars more, you can even get a board with a warranty. New is $700 Cdn, or whatever US$.

I am based in the UK, about 20 miles from Oxford.

I can try contacting this guy direct and see what how much he really wants to sell for.

I could also assist with shipping - I'll wrap it as a 'present' to avoid duty if you want...

Al G

I am based in the UK, about 20 miles from Oxford.

I can try contacting this guy direct and see what how much he really wants to sell for.

I could also assist with shipping - I'll wrap it as a 'present' to avoid duty if you want...

Al G

I appreciate the offer on helping with the shipping, but I don't think I am going to strike a deal with the guy. He indicated he had a reserve set but the auction finished below what he was asking and now he is backing out. He had plenty of time to change the auction (9-day) and put a proper reserve, but neglected to do so. I guess I see it as I bid, I won the auction, so honor it.

If the deal does pan out I'll let you know.

Thanks

Greg

My suggestion is to contact EBay directly - it is my understanding that your bid is a legal binding contract.

As indicated, he had 9 days to change his listing and didn't.

A direct letter from Ebay, may get the guy to honor the deal.

If not, post all the information about him and bad feedback to be sure he doesn't screw anyone else.

Also, the guys from the UK, never ride with the guy in the future

My 2 cents

Rob

Folks

I can sense the support of riding this guy a bit, but I'm sure he is reacting how most of us would if we made a HUGE mistake of not posting a reserve on a high valued item. He would be taking a several hundred dollar hit and I would feel a bit squirelly about it myself, if I made the same mistake

I definitely want to get the board but I dont want it to get ugly........ Maybe shake his tree a bit and give him a lessons learned, but I'd love to have that board if the tree is shakin hard enough.

As indicated earlier, business is business and a deal is a deal.

Just keep your eyes peeled for him Bedlam79 is his user name.

Later

I tried to email that cat several times with questions about the board, but never heard from him once. out of easily 10 emails, not once

anyway...sad fact is..if he decides not to sell theres absolutely **** all you can do about it, and really, well..its his prerogative.

he definitely should have set a reserve, and claiming that he did? is BS. The ebay site does not fck up in that way

me personally, I wouldnt deal with him anyway. no feedback whatsoever, overseas, etc...unless I was local to him.

no reason to ride him, imo

Originally posted by D-Sub

if he decides not to sell theres absolutely **** all you can do about it, and really, well..its his prerogative.

Not true. You can report the non-sale to ebay, and you can leave negative feedback. IIRC 3 such reports and his account gets bounced. If he leaves negative feedback also, you have a chance to reply. I always check the comments personally, not every negative is legit.

Cheap bugger was probably just trying to avoid the extra fees for the reserve anyways.

ebay does not investigate sellers who back out, and there is no "3 strikes and youre banned" rule like there is for buyers who flake.

Ive had this experience many times in my ebay career, both as a buyer and seller. people flake. its definitely annoying!

Originally posted by D-Sub

ebay does not investigate sellers who back out, and there is no "3 strikes and youre banned" rule like there is for buyers who flake.

Ive had this experience many times in my ebay career, both as a buyer and seller. people flake. its definitely annoying!

They have a clear policy on this, see here

Originally posted by Al G

He still wants to sell at or above the reserve of £250 (~$560)

Now he's just being a pinhead. Go to the Prior website, look under the used/demo deals and select from several new 185s for $CDN600 ($US437), get a 1-year warranty out of the deal and don' t worry about shipping from the UK.

Edited to add that 250 pounds is closer to $US440 than 560. Priors' price is roughly 247 pounds.

Price here....price there!!!!!!

Point is, I won the auction at $223 plus ~ $100 shipping= $323

Far less than other prices being quoted.

Mumma always said:

"Lord loves a working man

See a doctor and get rid of it

Never trust Whitie"

By Navin Johnson