Note to New Members ×

Mammoth, weekend of 4-18-08

gdboytyler

I should have paid more attention to the date you listed Erwin. I was looking for you all weekend. It was really warm and slushy, but fairly fun. You can't really push the nose at all as the day heats up. The soft snow won't support a really powerful layed out carve. Fun nonetheless.

I'll be heading up this Fri as well. It is supposed to cool down quite a bit, which will probably mean mostly ice for the weekend, so sharpen your edges! :cool:

Me, CarvingChef and 2 unidentified hardbooters were at Mammoth on the 19th and 20th.

Weather was cold and windy. Snow conditions were HARD and ICY. I was hoping for a little ice to test out the metal Coiler, and I got the ice in abundance. The metal Coiler lived up to the hype and it made the challenging conditions fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow hardbooters. I was one of the unidentified hardbooters at Mammoth on Sunday 4/20. I saw a few other hardbooters (Probably u guys) out under chair 2 during the first part of the morning, but I kept missing you guys. I would see you on the chair on my way down or on the slope on my way up. That was likely my last trip of the season. I was new to hardbooting this year and was looking forward to meetins some fellow hardbooters. Perhaps next season we can coordinate some trips. BTW I was the guy in beige/brown riding a silver Donek FC II 171 with Deeluxe Track 325's.

Hello fellow hardbooters. I was one of the unidentified hardbooters at Mammoth on Sunday 4/20. I saw a few other hardbooters (Probably u guys) out under chair 2 during the first part of the morning, but I kept missing you guys. I would see you on the chair on my way down or on the slope on my way up. That was likely my last trip of the season. I was new to hardbooting this year and was looking forward to meetins some fellow hardbooters. Perhaps next season we can coordinate some trips. BTW I was the guy in beige/brown riding a silver Donek FC II 171 with Deeluxe Track 325's.

I think I remember seeing you. I thought the silver Donek was a metal Prior. If you're the rider I'm thinking of, you were laying down some good carves. You must have been carving for awhile in softboots.

I'm probably done for the season also.

Definately post up next season whenever you go to Mammoth or Big Bear.

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by hydrop viewpost.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i was riding with Erwin on april 20 and i think i remember seeing you as well, i was there this past weekend with my son and the snow was okay untill about 11.30 or 12.00 unless they get a big dump i don't think it's worth the drive anymore but i will be there more often next season, and today my son surprised me when he sent me this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbtpVTDVXw

i am looking forward to next season already

Thanks for the compliment. I rode a Morrow slickftyone for like 10 years till the bottom fell off then I got an '05 Burton T6. It was a great carver but I needed more. I finally took a leap of faith and got a Donek and some gear and became addicted after a few turns. Props to you guys and the rest of the people that post on this and other forums, as this was the only source of info I had to go on. Not to mention the Carvers Almanac (which by the way never got updated this season... whats up with that?), and all the great videos on youtube. I gotta hand it to the swiss guys riding the swoards high on edge.... it may not be for everyone but it sure looks cool. So have a great summer riding the Waves and Wakes, and hopefully we can take some runs next season.