Note to New Members ×

My first day of carving.

KingCrimson

you can spend a lot of time & energy cutting, wedgeing, modifying ski boots & end up with ski boots that don't ride or ski well; or shop around on the net for reasonably priced used or NOS hardshell SB boots for $50-$100 & have the right tool for the job.

For me, I carve skis better in hard SB boots than I carve a snowboard in ski boots. In 30yrs of skiing & 20yrs of snowboarding I've tried many combinations of ski/board/tele gear and I am a believer in the right tool for the job.

That said I am leaning toward an AT/Tele combo boot for all 3 disciplines; Scarpa TerminatorX. If it had a SB stepin heel & stiff/soft interchangable tongue, it would be the perfect do-it-all boot.

At $600+ I'll have to really pinch my pennys.

Seriously, bend your knees!!!! lol

Have fun with the current setup but remember that its not just forward lean but having the right amount of flex in the boot that allows you bend your knees and stay centered.

Both these setups were modified for the right amount of flexion in the boots.

post-1414-141842256215_thumb.jpg

carving is awesome, im 14 now and ive been schralp'ing the g'nar on a hardboot setup for about 5 years now; the best thing you can do for your riding is to join a race team and start competing for a while, that whole aspect of racing really helped me progress as a rider. competing USASA is a really low stress, fun environment to develop the riding style and aggresiveness that you need to progress as a rider. i'm competing FIS and USASA next year; so if you decide to compete and make it to nationals i'll see you there!

Sort of what i did for my splitboard here???

If this is what your gunnin for boardski you'll love it in split mode.

Don't have a slpit yet, which is a shame this time of year, but thats the idea.

Step in to ATskis, step in to Tele skis, step in to snowboard, all with the same boot:1luvu::1luvu:

carving is awesome, im 14 now and ive been schralp'ing the g'nar on a hardboot setup for about 5 years now; the best thing you can do for your riding is to join a race team and start competing for a while, that whole aspect of racing really helped me progress as a rider. competing USASA is a really low stress, fun environment to develop the riding style and aggresiveness that you need to progress as a rider. i'm competing FIS and USASA next year; so if you decide to compete and make it to nationals i'll see you there!

Haha, I haven't got enough time for that, or enough days on the snow.

Ahh well, thanks for the tip, I wish I could have gotten started as early as you have!

I'm going to try to be a patrolsman for the 09-10 season, nothing planned beyond then.