Note to New Members ×

Getting madd?

d b

SOoooo what's the story on the madd order? no e-mails returned? I'm thinking of ordering something different for next season (narrow F/C with a smaller scr) silberpfeil or 170 madd???any info on the madds?

hm...I'd get one...if they were about 4-5 cm wider at the waist...

For those that enjoy narrow waisted board, Madds seem to be a really, really great option...but I (1) don't want to commit to such a narrow board without at least riding it several runs, and (2) don't think that it would be suitable for what I want to do.

Oh well...

Originally posted by Web Info

Gee Willikers, those madd guys sure jumped to help answer your questions. I hope you are not the sale they lost to make the 25 count.

I think no one replied because, there already e two or three recents threads on the same subject... "Madds, where can I buy then? What's the info" etc, when a simple search would have yielded all the necessary info - actually for a little while this post was only 3-4 rows up from a previous thread.

Update (10 mins later): Just now someone ELSE posted a thread, without bothering to search the forum (or scrolling down for that matter). I don't want to get on a rant... but when 5 people all post within 24 hours asking the exact same question (and each being answer individually in addition to the fact that answer was posted to everyone already) it is getting a little silly.

Fun fact - 4 years ago Altavista (internet search engine) did a study... they found out that 10% of all Internet users never read "below the fold" of a webpage because they didn't know how to scroll down.

Rules and Guidelines for this forum

To All Carving Community Members

We feel some basic ground rules for posting threads are needed:

#5. We realize that some members will be less technically inclined than others. However, if possible, please do a search of the Forum first before asking basic questions. Odds are your question has been asked before.

Originally posted by Neuffy

hm...I'd get one...if they were about 4-5 cm wider at the waist...

For those that enjoy narrow waisted board, Madds seem to be a really, really great option...but I (1) don't want to commit to such a narrow board without at least riding it several runs, and (2) don't think that it would be suitable for what I want to do.

Oh well...

Isn't a 22-23 cm kind of wide for a waist? My Donek Incline freeride board is 24.1 cm wide. Do you like All-Mountain boards... oh wait, isn't the Swoard like 22-23 cm? I'm currently riding a on a Burton UP with a ~ 20cm waist and a Prior 4WD (borrowed) with a 21.3 cm waist.

Swoard specs:

175cm is: 23.1cm ( running length 156cm, radius 13.3m)

168cm is: 22.1cm ( running length 149cm, radius 12.7m)

161cm is: 21.cm ( running length 142cm, radius 12.1m)

So the 175 is kinda wide, but allows 53/46° with a mondo 28.5

thus more pressure on the edge ! Edge to edge is slower than on a 18.5 cm board... but who cares ;).

Nils

PS: what are the specs of the madds?

Found them!

here:

158 cm Slalom (race ready pro slalom deck)

147 cm effective edge

8.8m sidecut

18 cm waist

170 GS (Consumer GS, Banked slalom, boardercross, loose slalom)

157 cm effective edge

10.5m sidecut

18cm at waist

180 Super G

167cm effective edge

22 m sidecut

18cm at waist