Note to New Members ×

F2 Speedsters - GTS vs. SL

Skwalleur

The biggest difference is the SL has Titanal torsion control plates (you can see the grey on the SL topsheet).

In addition, the SL core woods are more dense and base material is of higher quality.

The GTS is back in the lineup for 2008-2009 season if you're looking for a new one.

The biggest difference is the SL has Titanal torsion control plates (you can see the grey on the SL topsheet).

In addition, the SL core woods are more dense and base material is of higher quality.

The GTS is back in the lineup for 2008-2009 season if you're looking for a new one.

Not looking for a new one, I've got the SP, SL and the GTS in 172, 166, and 166 respectively.

With the SP being my favourite board I wanted to test their "cousins" for conditions when the SP isn't optimal (e.g. softer). I found the GTS to be a really good "hardbooter all mountain". Only been on my SL on one day, but I coulndn't say that it was a whole lot different from the GTS.

I think the GTS below is another lenght than the SL (hence it looks wider), in reality the dimensions as mentioned are exactly the same.

e1b5_1.JPG

4449_1.JPG

I have the previous GTS (all blue) and that year, I believe it was cheaper than the SL.

Last years both were listed €399.

I'll probably sell the SL since it's spanking new and I like the design of the GTS.

I think you'll find the SL to be much stiffer torsionally than the GTS. This you might not feel in your feet unless you ride them back to back on a very hard surface. The added torsional stiffness will help ensure the edge remains in contact with the snow and doesn't roll off as easily.

I have the SL 163 from 07-08 and ridden the SP 172 from 05-06 and 06-07. For me the SL is way more better, more stable, the SCR difference (9.5 vs. 11 m) is not really noticeable. Once i've ridden a GTS but no real experience.

I doubt that the SL has titanal in it at least the catalogue didn't mention it. The SL is the most torsionally stiff from the three boards (SP, SL, GTS).

I doubt that the SL has titanal in it at least the catalogue didn't mention it. The SL is the most torsionally stiff from the three boards (SP, SL, GTS).
Don't doubt it... it's part of the construction.

In this link there are two direct references to Titanal construction. You can also see in the photo of the top of the board that a winged area is visible as a grey colour. This is the TCS (torsion control system) made from Titanal. The TCS has been a mainstay of F2 construction for many years. In the past is was call "V-qualizer" technology.