Note to New Members ×

My hardbooting grom

Mike T

My daughter Jeana is 5 years old, been on skis since age 3. My wife (aka Bonnie aka snowboardmommy) bought her a Burton Chicklet 90 and softie bindings and boots. Unfortunately the bindings (smallest size Burton makes) are too big for the boots (also smallest size Burton makes, but they fit her quite well!) and she was WAY heelside. That, coupled with the idea that she might enjoy jumping quickly between board and skis, gave me the idea to find some little plate bindings for her. So here she is in her ski boots, snowboarding. OK, she can only handle her heel edge right now but hey, she did the same run some of the OESers were warming up on!

2d9ofvc.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHPMKL4vKM"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHPMKL4vKM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

P.S. much easier to ski than snowboard while she is on her board!

That is VERY cool! Love the video! I took my son Zack (5) to Snow Summit for the first time last week. He had never even been on ski's or a snowboard and did great! Totally wore me out on the green run and was asking for more at the end of the day. Fun is what it is all about :)!

Definitely all about keeping it fun :biggthump

All through learning to ski and board we've been building snowmen off the sides of runs when she feels like it, lotsa hot cocoa breaks, etc. etc.

Right now she gets really tired after one run (800 vertical feet) on her board and jumps on her skis. It's all good!

OMG that's cute. She had some fall line action going on there too - nice!!

Little kids on skis and boards are just the cutest. I laugh at all the littlies in their pink outfits and oversize goggles on the local hill, following the instructors like mother duck and so many ducklings ...