Note to New Members ×

Burton Wind boot stiffness?

BadBrad

I also own and ride Winds. At the time, they were the second tier boot, below the Fire and above the Earth (good God, what were they smoking the day they named those?). I think they would have compared favorably with the Stratos (not Pro's) and Suzukas, if all three were popped out of their respective molds in the same model year. That being said, Winds have been out of production for a while, so unless you're eyeing an NOS pair, they're probably a bit softer from use, UV, and that ill-fated translucent plastic.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

I already have a pair, but I was just curious where they were on the stiffness scale. I was talking to one of the clinic instructors at SES and he said that my boots might be too stiff.

Also, for this season I replaced the old Burton liners with some ZipFit liners, and they are significantly more comfortable but also quite a bit stiffer now. I find that I don't crank down the buckles as tight because I like a little give, but I end up with some slop in the boot instead of a softer flex, which isn't good. I've been thinking that I might be better off with something with a softer flex like the Track 225T or perhaps I should find a less stiff liner.