Note to New Members ×

Transition to skiing from snowboarding

newcarver

Watch for heel buckles. On a rental set of snowblades I tried the heel buckle wouldn't quite go over-center on my Raichle boots. Toe buckle ones were fine. Those appear to have toe buckles.

I'll second the notion that they're really fun. My wife has a set of Elan Razors with a very small radius sidecut and a square tail. They turn like ice skates: you better be ready when you put them on edge! She doesn't ski on them anymore but we're keeping them for when we have kids.

Will these bindings work with some Raichle AF700 M 26.5? Would like to try them to teach my youngest to ski but would like to get away with not having to buy some more boots. Here is the link on e-bay. For $100 shipped new, hard to beat if they are any good at all. Will be used on the bunny hill and to goof around some to get used to them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skiboards-Snowblades-Skiblades-90cm-Bindings-FREE-S-H_W0QQitemZ170197041840QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1303QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those will work...I use the AF600 boot in a 26 mondo...see pictures above with me and my 2yr old.....I straighten out the foward lean to setting #4 too......you definately want the longest they make though ...100 cm ++..more stability at higher speeds and better glide at lower..I paid $80 on ebay