Note to New Members ×

Thermo Flex vs "Thermo Fit"

D-Sub

well heck ya just cant get rid of me!

Lookin at the Deeluxe Susuka, and here at the bomber store the description says it has a "Thermo Flex" liner...

talked to Tille over at HB.com and theirs has the "Thermo 'Fit'" liner.

do you guys at Bomber replace the liners? Or do you get them from the factory like that, with the ThermoFlex liner?

or maybe that was just a mistype...

just a little confused. :confused:

I think they're talking about the same liner. "ThermoFlex" is the model name that Kneissl/Deeluxe/Raichle uses, but I have heard the term "thermofit" used to describe moldable liners in general from at least two snowboard shops and several places online.

I'd be pretty surprised if they had different liners.

Thermoflex and Thermofit are not the same...

Thermoflex liners are the overlap liners, which are moldable.

Thermofit liners are the liners sold in Deeluxe boots with the tongue, (no overlap) and the small "booster" velcro strap on the top of the liner. The liners in the Indy's say "full thermo fit" the liners in the Suzukas say something like "partial thermo fit" - heel only.

I'm not sure if you are supposed to bake the "Thermofit" liners or not.

Could someone who knows something about this fill us clueless ones in?

Originally posted by Mike T

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=thermofit

You will see the term "thermofit" use to describe liners by Raichle/Deeluxe ThermoFlex) and others (e.g., Intuition)... I can't imagaine that anyone would go out of their way to sell a non-Deeluxe liner in a Deeluxe shell and not point it out explicitly.

again, my thoughts exactly, but the Bomber store specifically says thermoflex, AND shows a different liner in the boot!

Originally posted by Skully

Thermoflex and Thermofit are not the same...

Thermoflex liners are the overlap liners, which are moldable.

Thermofit liners are the liners sold in Deeluxe boots with the tongue, (no overlap) and the small "booster" velcro strap on the top of the liner. The liners in the Indy's say "full thermo fit" the liners in the Suzukas say something like "partial thermo fit" - heel only.

I'm not sure if you are supposed to bake the "Thermofit" liners or not.

Could someone who knows something about this fill us clueless ones in?

Oooooohhhhhhhh, I get it, "thermofit" are the standard ones. Damn that's confusing! It sounds like a trap to confuse people on what they're getting.

Originally posted by Mike T

Oooooohhhhhhhh, I get it, "thermofit" are the standard ones. Damn that's confusing! It sounds like a trap to confuse people on what they're getting.

I agree, which is why I asked

I ended up buying a pair of Suzukas from Tille Dog...with the standard deeluxe liners

but if for only a little more I would have gotten full ThermoFLEX liners...I may have f-ed up..

someone from bomber store please clarify?