Note to New Members ×

WTB: Burton Toe Piece (+ bail?)

Senior_Technical_Writer

Hi,

I've got a pair of Burton bindings (Carriers or Physics???) with a broken toe piece. I'm looking to buy a replacement plastic piece (see pic). Or, do I need to buy a whole new bail? I am not sure if it is possible to replace just the plastic part. Thanks a lot. Color does not need to match; just work.

- Chad

post-2037-141842251738_thumb.gif

To Bumpyride. Hi "stranger" will take your left over binding if price is right and Senior_Technical_Writer doesn't buy it. Have been using an old variplate toe piece, "filed out" a little wider in the slot, for years on the same binding that you have. Would be nice to have a replacement. Best regards, "Ghost". Enjoy Whistler and take care of your Rib.

General info: (re: Senior_Technical_Writer) Almost any "plactic/rubber" toe piece that screws off the bail will work as a temporary replacement if you have this problem with old Burtons. Make sure the toe clip has an "adjustment screw" in the toe piece for best fit. Burton increased the thickness of their bail around 1993-94. Sometimes you have to file the slot a little wider, depending on the thickness of the bail.

This is funny. You are in Madison, Wi. I'm in Delavan, Wi., and ran the snow board program and USASA contests at Tyrol Basin for lots of years - and we meet up on bomber. Hope the toe piece tip works for you. I just played around while watching the Oscars. A Snowpro SP race toe clip fits perfectly, without filing, on the same maroon Burton performance binding that you have in your picture. Have fun, "ghost"

I had the same busted toe clip issue on a pair of these bindings. Have one of the "rental" adjustable bindings (with the exact same maroon toe bail) that still has a good clip, but it's mate bit the dust. Also have two replacement bails and clips from klug which I bought before I figured out the binding was riveted and couldn't be fixed. Make me a reasonable offer and all or part of this will be yours.