Note to New Members ×

Spring Blow Out!

Kirk

Prices for boards INCLUDE shipping (lower 48 only) -

'01 Oxygen Proton GS 178 (19.5 cm waist, 14m radius) - $150.00 - This thing is CHERRY!

'99 Burton Alp 158 (~20 cm waist, ~ 8m radius) - $100.00 - Excellent/like-new condition - Great entry level carver, also good in powder and crud!

Raichle 124 (28.0) w/Thermoflex - New shells and liners (liners have been baked 1 time). Sold as a set only (sorry). $100.00 PLUS ship. E-mail me for pics

These are some great deals folks - I know most aren't in carving gear mode at this point (being the end of the season), but, hey, get an early start on next season! If interested, you may want to just post your response here. I check here regularly. Having some serious issues with my home e-mail - Will be dropping msn VERY soon!:mad:

Kirk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a powere outage the other night and I don't think my surge protector did that much protecting! My home computer is out of commission for a few days, so DON'T e-mail me there (nidecker1@msn). Just post here - I check several times a day.

Kirk

The boots are new (never been ridden new) and the thermo liners (also new) have been baked (heated) and fitted to one person's foot. These are a three-buckle boot w/a five position forward lean adjust. I can send you some pics, but I'll have to wait until I get my computer back (on my C drive). Hopefully tonight - Power outages are BAD for computers! Please be patient.

Computer is still out of commission. Sorry. You can reach me at work: kirkmarch@utah.gov. Also, I don't know how to forward attachments (pics) through the Bomber link. So if you're interested in the Alp or boots, e-mail me at the address above or leave it on the thread. I have the pics on my hard drive at work now. I'll be out of the office from May 14 to May 20. I'll still check in here while I'm out of town though. Thanks.

Kirk

This boot has 3 buckles with a top velcro "power strap" (I think that's what they call 'em). This one is considered more of a freecarve boot than a race boot due to slightly softer shell and slightly lower cuff (although not real low). A higher cuff (4 and even 5 buckle boot) roughly translates to a more responsive boot. But shell stiffness also has an obvious impact on that as well. Cuff canting, forward lean, etc. all play their part in how a boot is going to perform. I know (from experience) that even a "softer" boot can be greatly enhanced performance-wise with a booster strap (use one on my 224s - whoa!).

To be honest, I've never seen/held a 413 boot, so I'm kinda there with ya on the familiarity of Raichle/Deelux products. I've owned my 224s for about 4 seasons now (die-hard Burton boot rider before that) and I like them ok. I sincerely cannot tell a whole lot of difference between the two as far as shell stiffness (probably quite subtle). Overall, they are very similar. The 224 is 4-buckle, the 124 is three buckle. With the thermoflex, I truly believe this would be a very good, comfy freecarve boot that could be stiffened up even more with some race tongues and a booster strap (may even be overkill on that). I do this with my 224s and find that they work fine - freecarving and racing. The Thermoflex, IMHO, are well worth the price alone. That's the real seller of the boot. But the shells are brand new, so ya can't really go wrong here. If you want more info on the differences in Raichle/Deelux stuff, you may want to look at old threads or start a new one. There are plenty of riders with a lot more experience with this product than me. I say consult the carving community for more answers on this one, for it is a good question. If you post your e-mail here, I can forward some pics of the boots to you.

Kirk