Note to New Members ×

Monkey On My Back

Chubz

Folks

I dont know if anyone else has experienced what I am currently going through. I have found myself gravitating to the basment office and more specifically bomberonline with my computers. I work from home in a basement office and I find myself getting "giddy" when I descend the steps to check my thread responses or just go to bomber and look at threads............what is wrong with me?

I am new to the alpine scene with 20 years freestyle experience and I must admit that there seems to be a higher level of comraderie (sp?) in alpine than freestyle. There doesnt seem to be any level of "dickheadedness". Thanks to all of you!!! I hope to become a valued member of trench digging and represent the sport well.

If anyone can feel or have experienced what I am saying, I'd love to hear from you.

Take it EZ

Greg

Yes, this is a pretty good group. We have our dicks, but we also have bobs, bills and others, so it works out ok. Sometimes the dicks change their names to fool us, but if it looks like a dick and acts like a dick, then hey we know who it is. Flames are the worst as everyone finishes their season, right around this time of year as a matter of fact.

I'm with you on that one, this group of people is nothing but helpfull. Just lookin for a good time on the slopes and they want to share it with everyone. I'm glad i found this forum, when i started using the alpine board i could have sworn i was one of the ten people in the world that did it. But hey all you guys are awesome and you put my riding technique to shame, so i'm gonna have to be gettin pointers from you all summer so i can look a little better next year. Thanks again,

Knoch

No doubt, lots of helpful people on this site. I also troll on a diesel truck forum, I've saved easily $500+ in the last 3 months. There is one guy that has over 5000 posts in one year! Always willing to help out the newbie. I went from taking my cars/trucks in for service, to buying tools and asking questions and fixing stuff myself.

My carving friends have taught me to wax my own boards, adjust bindings correctly and improve my carving technique. :D

Peace, Hugh

my theory on the comradirey(sp) is that because we are such a small group, we tend to stick together. If the situation was reversed though, im sure there would be a lower dick to nice guy ratio than with freestyle riders. this may be because you can dig a trench prety much anywhere on a run, but if you poach the wrong kicker you can get you head taken off.

Originally posted by outsider

my theory on the comradirey(sp) is that because we are such a small group, we tend to stick together. If the situation was reversed though, im sure there would be a lower dick to nice guy ratio than with freestyle riders. this may be because you can dig a trench prety much anywhere on a run, but if you poach the wrong kicker you can get you head taken off.

The fun thing about really carcing is I can poack their kickers and they cannot catch me afterward :D

Folks

Thanks for the replies. I was starting to lose the "fire" I had for riding after 20 years of it and I have ridden most of that by myself, from weekend trips to daily sessions to trips afar. I hope that I am able to hook up with some folks to ride through this site and I can't wait for my first outing on the alpine next season. I hope the learning curve goes quick next season and I meet some of you out there.

Greg