Note to New Members ×

Volunteers needed: NorAm finals at Mt. Hood Meadows

Dan

Hey all Mt. Hood Meadows is looking for volunteers for the NorAm Finals, scheduled for March 22 and 23: http://www.ussa.org/magnoliaPublic/ussa/en/events/snowboarding/competitions/noramfinals.html

Note that this event also serves as the U.S. and Candian national championships, so all the big names will be there.

I volunteered at the finals a few years ago at Crystal Mountain (thanks to Art for making that possible by opening up his slopeside condo) and it was amazing! I was a gate keeper for slalom and GS, so I was 10 feet away from riders like Jewell, Klug, Fletcher, and our own Billy Bordy as they slaughtered the gates. It was TOTALLY AWESOME to see riders of this caliber up close.

So needless to say, I jumped at the chance to volunteer at this year's event (which is way closer to home). :)

If you're interested, contact Chris Kastner:

Chris Kastner

Ski & Snowboard School Director

Mt. Hood Meadows

PSIA National Alpine Team

503.337.2222 ext 418

His e-mail address is ckastner at skihood dot com.

Would be awesome to have a Bomber crew at this event - hope to see you guys up there.

Anyone interested in renting a place for that Saturday night in Government Camp (20 minutes from Meadows), Cooper Spur, or Hood River area (about 45 minutes from Meadows)? There's no real slopeside accommodation on Mt. Hood.

Hey Jim,

That's very generous of you! Because I live in Portland, I don't <u>need</u> to stay on the mountain, but it would be really nice, especially if we need to be there early in the day. That drive can be a real slog, especially if I stay until the end of the day on Saturday.

Do you think your place will be available that weekend?

Thanks,

Dan

Have you ever checked out cascade lodge? It's a nordic ski lodge in govy camp, and it's in the $20-$30 night range for pretty nice dorm accomodations with a dining room, living room, etc.

Normally you have to buy a $100-ish year-long membership to stay, but I talked them into taking my sierra club membership once...