Note to New Members ×

Snowboarding with a bruised sternum?? Answer quick if possible!

Powercarver129

Hey everyone, two days ago I bruised my sternum by falling on a rail doing freestyle, and I am wondering if I should go snowboarding today. I don't want to make the damage any worse, though the doctor said to just do what feels possible because there can't be much more damage, just pain. I feel like maybe I could go but if I fall it could be bad... and since I plan to be running Hard boots for the second time ever today, and trying to really start to carve deep, I am unsure if I should go. I would really appreciate any advice... I don't want to kill myself but I hate to miss out on my already limited time on the snow. Thank you!

The only answer lies in your own heart.........

-you a snowboarder or a mouse?

:lol:

Me, I'm a snowboarder. Its snowin' I'm goin'.

Last year I partialy tore my ACJ in my shoulder less than a week before a finals comp. I still raced that next weekend with a bum shoulder and sore ribs.

If you can ride, do it and just don't be jibbing like a crack fiend-park rat

:smashfrea

I cracked my sternum a year and a half ago and there was no way I could imagine getting on a snowboard for the next 3 months....It hurt to breath, laugh, sneeze. It still hurt up to 6 months later but I did snowboard a little that season....I also suffered a broken ankle at the same time. I took it real easy last season...and I am glad I gave myself that time to heal.

I guess it all depends on how bad you are hurt. Try making some turns on the bunny hill before you buy a lift ticket. If you can handle the pain from a little fall there I would say go for it.

Fractured sternum with a dislocated clavicle and that s*** was evil, compare it to getting hit by a car..... hey wait a min.If the doc says you can still ride go for it ,but don't let anybody push you past your pain threshhold to be a man.i worked three days because the doctors said it was only bruised until the swelling started to go down and i could tell my chest was all f***ed up