Note to New Members ×

do you own a ski place?

trailertrash

Hey TT, We bought our camp on the back side of Sunapee 4 years ago. It was a fixer-upper but for less than the price of a nice SUV we couldn't pass it up. The only thing I don't like is you are locked into one mountain or a smaller area. You have to get the season pass. On the good side if you like the Mt you buy at, you can sleep in (we are 5 miles from the parking lot) and still have first tracks,don't have to pay the $6 a beer at the bar in the lodge and can sit in your own hot tub every night after a day at the hill. The plus for us also is we can bring the dogs and don't have to rush home every night to let them out. So, in hind site yes I would do it again. If the price is right, do it.

Paul

Move to the mountains. If you don't do it now, you'll only be another year older when you do.

I live in my ski place.

Just find a place that's relativley central to a few mountains. I've got a 10 minute drive to Cannon, 10 Minutes to Bretton Woods, 30 minutes to Loon, 35 minutes to Wildcat, 40 minutes to Cranmore, 35 or so to Waterville...and I pay less per month in rent than most, have a reasonably steady job, and come summer I can literally backpack, mountain bike, and roadbike out my front door onto hundreds of miles of terrain.

I live in my ski place.

Just find a place that's relativley central to a few mountains. I've got a 10 minute drive to Cannon, 10 Minutes to Bretton Woods, 30 minutes to Loon, 35 minutes to Wildcat, 40 minutes to Cranmore, 35 or so to Waterville...and I pay less per month in rent than most, have a reasonably steady job, and come summer I can literally backpack, mountain bike, and roadbike out my front door onto hundreds of miles of terrain.

Justin.. will you marry me? -- I am looking for someone just like you and what you bring to the table. Specially the steady job part. :1luvu: