Note to New Members ×

Mt. St. Anne, Le Massif, Stoneham Feb 18th - 23rd

holiday01

I'm leaving Saturday morning, but I'll try to be at St Anne Friday. We're going to be out 4 of the 5 days, not sure what days we're going to be where, but I'll have my lapper with me so I'll let you know.

Do you know where there is a good bootfitter close by, I need a pair of boots pounded out a little bit.

Please, hit the Montmorency run for me. First one on the left when you get down the high-speed quad on the south side. In the main pitch, push hard and hold on...this is my favorite ride. Conditions are just excellent this winter.

I sent you an email re: bootfitting

I will be there only on weekend. Need to go to school after a week at Park City,UT

Seb

Im going to be at Orford Tuesday the 19th then st anne Wednesday then le massif Thursday and st anne again for Friday. Ill be on my prior with a couple of soft booting buddies. hopefully ill see some of you out there.

I've only been to mt. st. anne once, I was there for one week 2 years ago, and I've been to Tremblant last 2 years everytime in February, I was a full time skier then.

Le massif and St. Anne are a toss up for me, both are very good, le massif is deadly during the week, usually very light traffic.

I live 15 minutes from Orford...and I drive down to Mont Ste-Anne every weekend and days I could ( 50+ days a year ) since the last 7 years...I think I...h..a..t..e Orford a bit.

As said, always icy, windy and no real fun for a carver ( sorry to Orford people ). Mont Ste-Anne is so much a better mountain.

Seb

I'm here for the week, and I'm going out tomorrow rain or shine, its our first day here, and I'm not taking a day off the first day. Didn't drive from Halifax to sit and mope.

I got here at 7:30pm, and it just started snowing looks like its accumulated to about 7 cm, but the temperature is rising, and the forecast is still rain for tomorrow.

I'll let ya know how the week is going for conditions.

St. Anne was a mess today, but they helped by only keeping 15 runs open with just the main quad, the temperature is suppose to drop to -9 over night, hopefully it freezes in time for the groomers to get out. It was +8 at 2:00pm this afternoon.

I only made one run at 9:30 not sure why I bothered, it was not fun. Put the ski's on for the rest of the day and just tried to stay dry.

PZ

The mountain was pretty good today, it was a tough day for me, both myself and my friend Sarah are having serious boot issues. She's a skier with new boots, she spent most of the day in with the boot fitter.

I did one run again today for the 2nd day in a row on my board then just couldn't continue, my feet were hurting so bad in my hard boots, so I switched over to my skis and then later in teh day I had an appointment with a bootfitter and he helped me out a bit, and I got another 4 runs in before I just couldn't take it any more. I'm meeting him again tomorrow at his show off the mountain to get a custom foot bed. Wednesday is probably going to be an off day for us, my friend kinda injured her ankle because of the boots so she's going to stay off it tomorrow. After I get my foot beds done and they feel good I'll probably ride late morning if not I'll take the day off and head to massif on Thursday.

The new snow today was really good, softened things up should be really good tomorrow after a good groom.

Let me know when you get in the area.