Note to New Members ×

Monarch Invasion

D.T.

A bunch of us are headed to Monarch. Anyone in the area (tpalka, Lisa...), please join us!

Concussed, Inkaholic, Shelly, and I arrive the evening of the Feb. 28th and ride 29th, 1st, 2nd. It is reported that big mario will ride at least one of the days (1st?) with pcdenver possible making a cameo appearance as well.

I will probaly have two softbooters in tow (bro-in-law and best friend).

Oddly enough this just showed up in my inbox:

Monarch Mountain Extends Season

Monarch adds another week to 2007-08 ski season.

Monarch, CO. Monarch Mountain has announced that the 2007-08 season closing date has been moved to April 13, 2008. Scheduled closing had been April 6, 2008 but due to a record amount of snowfall in December and January the season has been extended. Total snowfall for the two month period has been more than 259 inches.

Monarch opened for the season on December 8, 2007 with a 51 inch mid-mountain base depth and is currently reporting a 100 inch base depth. “We opened late this year missing Thanksgiving but we have more than made up for the late start” said Greg Ralph, Monarch Marketing Director. “We are going to add 7 days to the end of our season, we missed 16 days early, it sends a good message to our season pass holders that we are committed to giving them as much skiing as possible” added Ralph.

Being located on top of the Continental Divide in the center of Colorado Monarch averages an annual snowfall of over 350 inches. This season is on track to exceed all records in Monarch’s 69 year operating history. Having received over 332 inches so far this season Monarch’s management is confident that the area will have great conditions through mid-April. “Traditionally our snowiest months are still ahead of us” said Ralph.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

TWO PEOPLE EAT…ONLY ONE PAYS

AT THE WEST END CAFÉ!

Special offer for Monarch Mountain season pass holders…buy any breakfast, lunch or dinner entrée and get a second entrée of equal or lesser value free by showing your 2007-2008 season pass.

OFFER VALID THROUGH THE END OF THE SEASON

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

FREE HOT WAX!

Yep. All Day. Every Day.

Brought to you by Headwaters Outdoor Equipment

Salida's Premier Ski & Snowboard

Tuning & Service Shop

Ink, Can I try out your Dupraz:D I am really considering purchasing one next season. Would love to test ride one before commiting.
Ink actually has a 200cm Tanker. The Dupraz belongs to Shelly and it is the 5'5" variety (not 6'). I'll see if she will play nice-nice, but it's questionable, at this point anyway, because the board only has a total of 3 hours ride time since new.

Ink, Can I try out your Dupraz:D I am really considering purchasing one next season. Would love to test ride one before commiting.

As DT said, I ride the 200 tanker. I will however talk to Bola at All Boards Sports and see if I can bring a demo Dupraz with me. I am curious too and would like to try one.

What is your weight and size? Bola will need to know if a D1+ or D1++ is needed but I don't know if he has any ++ in the demo fleet.

Ink

I'm 5'9", 160 lbs, size 26.5 boot. Does Bola ever sell any of his demo fleet? I am interested in the 5'5" board possibly for soft boot use, or maybe for everything if it as fun as their web site videos look. If you could bring a demo that would totaly rock! I'll gladly buy you a beer or 2.

I'm 5'9", 160 lbs, size 26.5 boot. Does Bola ever sell any of his demo fleet? I am interested in the 5'5" board possibly for soft boot use, or maybe for everything if it as fun as their web site videos look. If you could bring a demo that would totaly rock! I'll gladly buy you a beer or 2.

I will talk to Bola and see what I can come up (down) with for you.

Aloha,

Ink

We at least need a + if not a ++ since Bola wants us to make the switch from Tankers to the Dupraz :D

I already said that I would see what I can do. Geez.

Anyway, I could probably get away with the + if I don't use my legs to push too much. But I'm not so sure that you could. Heh heh heh (insert emoticon here)

Ink

Bola is a busy man so I haven't been in touch with him much in a couple weeks, SES and moving stores, but I will see what I can do on that request. I don't recall seeing one in the demo fleet.

Ink

No worries either way. Assuming it's not a powder day I'll have trouble getting off my 172 AM-T anyways.

JPW

We may have another rippa from NM coming for Sunday. NJB is going to let me know later this week.

Rdy2carve, if you get a chance ride with NJB, do so, he has skills even if he doesn't ride very often anymore.

Ink

Who is this phantom NJB guy?

Where does he reside? Why haven't I heard of him before?

PM me any contact info if possible. Or let him know I'm at Angel Fire every Sunday.

Who is this phantom NJB guy?

Where does he reside? Why haven't I heard of him before?

PM me any contact info if possible. Or let him know I'm at Angel Fire every Sunday.

Former athlete of mine.

Not sure of residential location.

He operates under the radar.

He now knows you ride AF every Sunday.

I emailed him to contact you through BOL.

Hope you have a sighting or make contact with another carver in NM. Did you ever hear from my friend Pat? I think he has only made it out once this season.

See you soon. I can't wait for this trip!

Ink

Hope you have a sighting or make contact with another carver in NM. Did you ever hear from my friend Pat? I think he has only made it out once this season.

See you soon. I can't wait for this trip!

Ink

Interesting...

So that makes six NM carvers I've "heard" of counting me. Damion and Mark J are the only ones I've ever ridden with though. Bamboo Girl would be the 3rd but she's not even on plates yet (she's a BOL member).

Total number of HB riders I've ridden with this season: 2

Quadrupling that number on March 1st: Priceless

;)

I went to Monarch this morning and thought I'd give you a heads-up on current conditions.

We had 2" fresh last night, 7" over past 48 hours. Snow was a bit soft for carving, at least anything other than just riding the sidecut. Some nice freshies in the trees, but my 4WD is in for repairs and I was on a metal WCR, so I stuck to the piste.

It was crowded. I was there at 9am in time for the 4th chair, and by 10am the parking lot was full and slopes were getting a bit crowded. Perhaps the Mtn Dew Vert Challenge could be to blame?

Anyways, keep an eye for conditions next weekend, and regardless of the snow do plan on starting to ride early!

Let me know which is your first day of riding, would love to join you,

tom.