Note to New Members ×

Any Intec heels available?

BadBrad

I got a pair two seasons ago from these guys:

http://www.dataroad.net/goldsmiths/

They were easy to deal with and shipped right away. I suggest calling rather than using their online store.

Don't bother with trying Goldsmith's for Intec heels. I paid a visit to the store as it is right next to my local ski area. They don't have any intec heels and only a few selected models of Deeluxe boots.

Aaron

Fin, if you're reading this... How about making some heels out of metal on that fancy mill you got a while back?

If the plastic/inexpensive/wear-item components were cheaply replaceable and metal/expensive components last forever, I'd pay extra for a Bomber set over a standard set.

What would it cost for a pair? $200? $300?

I was just interested in getting a set of TD2's to try out, but it's not easy to do right now. I've been using Burton race plates, and I like them, but I just bought another board and wanted to get some bindings with more options for cant & lift. The TD2 standards are sold out for the season. The BOL store has a couple of TD2 step-ins available, but no yellow elastomers. Hardbooter.com has some TD2 step-ins with yellow e-rings, but they don't have any intec heels and BOL store won't sell the heels alone and everyone else seem to be sold out of heels too.

I found a used set of TD2 step-ins with yellow e-rings, but no intec heels. So now I either need to find a set of heels, or I need to find a reverse-retro kit. I might have located a reverse-retro kit, hopefully I'll find out for certain soon.

It's not really a big deal since I have the Burton plates and they work okay for me. I just wanted to experiment with some different cant & lift options that are hard to get with the Burtons.

The Intec heels will work with standard bindings as well, right? In other words, I could use them with the TD2 SI's and with the standard Burton plates, right?

The one positive thing to take away from this discussion is that it looks like we have an influx of new people buying up old gear (look at the prices on ebay :eek:) and old people buying up the cool new gear. Or maybe new people buying up the new gear. Translation: more of us to show the unwashed masses the light and get em carvin'! :D

Having all the good stuff sold out at this point in the year is the best thing that could happen to this sport. It creates a buzz and the "I want it but can't have it" effect. Which makes people want it even more. It will affect the vendors buying levels for next season!

D.:biggthump

Okay, eaglez, I'll trade my TD2 SI's for one of your Les Paul guitars, straight trade. I'd prefer a '59 standard sunburst, but I'll take whatever you've got.

I didn't know that Fin and Co. built a version of the TD2 out of solid gold and platinum! :ices_ange They must have if you want to make a trade like that. :D

D.:biggthump