Note to New Members ×

flexon comps

bill b

I wanted to try skiing again with out spending much on gear, i had ski's and an old pair of Raichle Flexons that never fit well and were not too comfortable. Someone suggested I purchase a set of the speed liners , which I love in my Deeluxe's. The boots are a 10.5 ,my liners are mondo 28. The liners are just too fat for the shells. Has anyone tried this or have any liner suggestions for these Raichles. The original liners where much slimmer than the speeds.

Thermo Flex liners are the ones I used. I didn't like the stock liners that much and I got a great fit with the thermo flex. Your shell size still needs to be correct. I use the Dalebelo Krypton ( the redesigned flexon) now with the thermo flex liners. I use them for carving and skiing. IMO a great boot for both!

Typical day for me is to carve in the morning and ski in the afternoon all in the same boot.

Dave, thanks for the response. Heel to toe ,the liners are the correct length.They are just too thick or fat for the shells. The original liners are much slimmer or thinner.I cant even get the tongue or buckles in to place. I got the boots 15yrs. ago ,never liked them because they were just so uncomfortable.Shortly after, I started boarding with soft stuff and there was no way i was putting those boots on again. Then i had kids and it was easier to be with them ie.holding them, helping them between my legs with skiis on,but the boots were so bad. My kids havent needed help in a couple of years so i am only boarding now but i find as i am getting older i would like to give skiing another try.2yrs ago i got Deeluxe 225, i have BTS's and orthotics and they are so comfortable , very flexy. every one says that ski boots ars too stiff for carving. whats your thoughts on that with the Dalbellos, stiff or soft? maybe i will look into trying them on with deeluxe's on one foot to compare. any opinions? thanks

Bill The Dalbello Krypton comes with two different tounges. Black- stiff grey- softer. I liked the black tounge best for skiing but for carving it seemed to block my back leg and knee from driving forward( with my stance). So I switched to the softer tounge for carving and it made all the difference and I like it well enough for skiing that I keep it in at all times.

I personally do not like a boot that is too soft because I tend to ride stiffer boards. I like the energy that they give me back, so i like a boot that won't be over powered by my boards.

For me the Dalbello is a terrific boot. But if a boot doesn't fit YOU it doesn't matter what others think. If the Dalbello FITS, give it a good try for carving. I'm sure you would like it for skiing.

Orthotics are a must.

I was out carving last Sat. and met and rode with three rippen skiers. We were all trying to out carve each other; turns out they were all on Dalbellos.

P.s. I almost always carve and ski on the same day.

Hi

I have been lookin hybrid boots for ski and carving. Last week i bought Dalbello IL Moro Freeski boots, i tested them last weekend with ski and board, and i think i have found right boot for the job. I test more this weekend and let you know if i am still same.

There is parts to adjust forward lean and flex. Loosest flex it fleels like suzuka BTS with yellow springs in room temperature.

But read here more http://www.dalbello.it

Br Tom

post-4415-141842249036_thumb.jpg

post-4415-141842249038_thumb.jpg

Have any of you tried the Full Tilt?

http://www.fulltiltboots.com/boots.asp

Seems to be a pretty faithful recreation of the Flexon Comps. How do they or the Dalbellos compare in flex to the Deeluxe boots? I would love to have a hybrid boot but I like my snowboard boot to have a lot of flex. I ride 324s with yellow BTS springs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Two weekends went in slopes and i think same. IL Moro works perfect for me with skis and my new AM-T 177 :1luvu:

Last weekend was cold -13 celsius and it didnt affect forward flex more than my suzukas. IL moro fits like "glove" to my foot and dynalink keep heel in cup better than any boots i have own. I am more than satisfied and my suzukas are for sale now, allready sold Atomic skiboots :)

Skis i have tried my Atomic SL and Balance (soft Womens expert ski), with new flexing skis they work also great, thats what they are made for. But SL-skis and icy slope isnt best combination for IL moro but doable, not for serious skirace.

Bill if you want know something specific regarding IL moro just ask and i try explain. I am not in ski/board busines paying my own equipment.

Tomppa

WB: Washers are for sidecanting not forward flex.

Have any of you tried the Full Tilt?

http://www.fulltiltboots.com/boots.asp

Seems to be a pretty faithful recreation of the Flexon Comps. How do they or the Dalbellos compare in flex to the Deeluxe boots? I would love to have a hybrid boot but I like my snowboard boot to have a lot of flex. I ride 324s with yellow BTS springs.

Fulltilt bought the molds for the original flexon and is also using the same plastics for building the new boots. The original is my all time favorite boot but I am happy with my heavy af700 with BTS for now. The Dalbellos are an attempted copy of the original and have heard they are not as good as the Flexons old or new.

Ink

The Dalbellos are an attempted copy of the original and have heard they are not as good as the Flexons old or new.

Ink

Personally I think the Dalbello is a better boot than the flexon(which I love). I have the Krypton Pro model and it is awesome! There are a lot of different models so you want to choose carefully. I'm not familiar with the IL Moro model. It looks like a two buckle with a ratcheting power strap. The Krypton has three Buckles with a wide velcro power strap. Rides and skis great!

Just got back from Park City's "race to the cup" GS and PS. Noticed a few of the competitors in Dalbellos.