Note to New Members ×

Help, Problem with Deeluxe/ SB boot

Bobby Buggs

I have a set of Delux Lemans, same as the Sb 22x, 32X, 42x. Every time I ride I end up with snow getting under the plastic tounge on top of the toes. I go in the lodge and it melts into my liner. For years I had no idea this was happening and every time I go out after lunch my feet would feel wet and get cold.

How do people keep the snow from getting under the tounge on the SB style boots

So after 4 hours on the hill I took my boots off and checked the liners and no snow or any sign of moisture. On the other hand my fix didn't seem too permanent . Apparently those tongues move around alot when riding. So either its a once per use application or I just need some better adhesive!

post-2022-14184224819_thumb.jpg

clebner

I'd venture that you'd want to scuff the plastic before application, but yeah, you'd probably want something a little more durable.

what if you used silicone? apply, press, wait to dry, and then carefully peel the tongue away from the shell, keeping the silicone on that side? dunno.

What about putting some sort of plastic or something around the liner itself? It wouldn't stop the snow from getting in the boot, but it would stop it from melting into the liner. I end up with a little clump of snow there too, but I've never really had any problems with it there. If you don't mess with your latches there's a thing from tognar called the boot glove. And possibly with a little messing around you might be able to put some holes in it to get your straps through so you could use your latches...