Note to New Members ×

Park City / is hardboot allowed at Deer Valley ?

sharkeyyy

Hi,

we are scheduling a trip to Park City (UT) for hardboot and softboot snowboarding next time. (we are coming from Germany)

There are 2 other ski resorts next to park city called Deer Valley and The Canyons

Deer Valley should be a great for carving, but I heared that snowboarding is not allowed at Deer Valley, is it right ? So my question do they make differences between Hardboot and Softboot boarding ?

Has somebody experience with this resort ?

I would be grateful for some informations or tips !

Thanks, Oliver

Oliver--Erstmal, herzlich Wilkommen!

I am fairly sure that they do not distinguish between hard and soft boots. You could call the resort to make sure, but I am pretty sure.

Also near there is Park City Mountain Resort, which I have been to. It was fantastic. Very deep powder. The town of Park City also has lots of restaurants and nightlife, and there is a free bus that runs between the town and the slopes.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip!:biggthump

I have a letter from the marketing director that says Skwals are ok...so that's a start. not much difference between a skwal and an alpine board.

Apparently skwals are ok, unless this has changed.

Tex, do you know if this has changed or anything?

Guest GQuentin

I went to both Deer Valley and Park City 2 years ago (on ski's). IMHO I liked Park City more so than Deer Valley. The one thing about Deer Valley that stood out was the grooming. It was impeccable. Both are worth checking out though. As mentioned above, snowboards are not allowed in Deer Valley. I truly hope they allow skwals. Definitely worth checking out,

Quentin

Deer valley does not allow any type of snowboard, hard or soft boots.

You used to be able to sneak a sqwal in for some turns, but I have heard that they are turning them away also.

If you want to experience Deer Valley you've got to put on two planks...:angryfire

screw'em... bob redford can keep it for all I care, I'll just spend my money elsewhere and encourage y'all to do the same :D

btw, besides just saying, "Screw'em", I also fired off a sweet e-mail about how I was planing a week for my family when a friend mentioned about a possible 'Ban' on snowboards...

send your questions to: marketing@deervalley.com

I've been meaning to experiment to see how ridable a skwal is at 0 and 0 degrees. I think mine is set at 5 and 10 at the moment.

BobD

Most of skwalers in europe are at 0 and 3/5 degrees.

But the back foot not perfectly in the axis is for a matter of comfort since this foot doesn't play much role in riding. A few guys prefers to set both at 0.

Umm, Bob Redford owns Sundance, which does allow Snowboarding.

You may be thinking of Stein Eriksen who is director of skiing at Deer Valley......

They're booth kooks if you ask me.

Just kidding.

oops, my mistake... I just knew he had an interest on one of the places that are "banned" from my list of resorts I give a chit about :D